Suspension Thoughts?

PDCCD

Took weeks to finally decide on the AC lift over the ome, but now I can't decide on the shocks. I see alot of you like the Bilsteins, but I think I might like the adjustablility of the Rancho's for my planned towing. (12x14 enclosed probably near 5000lbs with weight dist. hitch and probably air lift bags) But I'm not sure. Are the Rancho's overkill with the air lift bags? Do they have quality issues? I talked to Rancho today, they claim since they don't offer an option for my pathy, they won't warranty the shock, but also called AC, and they said they'd handle the warranty. Sounded kinda shady. Are the Bilsteins in the AC kit longer travel? Do they warranty for our trucks? I've been digging through the forums, but geesh, there isn't enough time in the day it seems LOL! I work 70 hours a week, I'm a welder, so computer time is limited...

As for tires, there's a regional retailer in the area offering BFG AT KO's with AR 767's for $830 with Alignment, Road hazzard warranty, flat repair, nation wide coverage, balancing, valve stems, center caps, lug nuts, liftetime rotation, winter tire mounting. Just tons of services. Tire and wheel price is slightly higher than tire rack, but by the time I ship and align, well, It seems like a steel haha...

As always, any help is appriciated. I know if I search long enough, it's all here some where, but there's hours and hours of digging for a few quick experience calls by you folks. thanks for sharing your time.

Pete

I have the adjustable ranchos and like them. You can dial in the stiffnes to match the front which is nice when driving in the mountains. Rancho is a decent brand but I think billstein is a little better since they are a gas shock and run a larger diameter rod, just a little beefier

GRRRR! This is getting stressful lol! Ok, does anyone know which bilstein the ac kit comes with? I thought the rancho's were a gas shock too. As for piston, is 14mm more than 5/8". That's what the bilstein versus the rancho are. If the AC kit comes with the Heavyduty/5100 they sell seperately, it claims it has seperate rebound and compression tuning? Does that mean it's adjustable and therefore good for my towing interests? Here's a clip from AC's sight:

Bilstein gas pressure shocks use monotube design which dissipates heat more effectively than a twin tube shock for cooler, more efficient operation and longer life. 14mm hard chromed piston rod. The lightweight one piece rod guide is made from a unique aluminum alloy that maintains a nearly friction-free surface for longer life. The superior seal design keeps dirt out of the working cylinder and prevents failure even under severe pressures of up to 2150 psi. The piston head design allows independent tuning of the compression and rebound damping forces to provide optimum ride comfort and performance without compromise. Pateneted digressive valving instantly reacts to changing surface conditions for maximum comfort and control on and off road. Includes one shock, shock bushings and shock boot.

As always, thanks all for the input...

14mm = .55 inches

5/8" = .625"

Ranchos have a good reputation. I've never had a problem with any, but I have seen one in a junkyard that was locked up totally. Could have been from a wreck, but the truck that shock was on was in pretty good shape still.

Thanks All,

Ordered the package today. AC lift with bilseins and kyb. also ordered the "Air lift" bags. Picked up some other supplies for work i plan to do in the front end at the same time. I've got to replace a couple of broken wheel studs and might as well do the brakes while i'm there. Picked up a bearing packer, and ordered the strut bearing nut tool since it all has to come off. Hoping to get my warn manual hubs by the end of the week as well. I love buying new tools. I see each one as a small investment in my future lol. thanks again.

Pete