Check Engine Light Came On (2001 Pathfinder)

GaryH

I'm riding along last night, hit some rough pavement and my check engine light comes on. I took it to my local mechanic to run for the codes and it came back saying PO420-Catalyst-Bank-1 and PO430-Catalyst-Bank-2. They say the problem is the smaller catalytic converters that will cost me $2000 ($1400 in parts) to get fixed. I have looked and can not find any catalytic converters for a 2001 Pathy that cost more than $210. They told me there is actually four converters on this truck. Suggestions? 87,000 miles so I'm over the warranty. Any help would be greatly appreciated......

Edited by GaryH

Have your mechanic reset the CEL with his code reader. I had those cat codes turn on mine when I had a bad 02sensor and swirl control valve. Once those were fixed and the ECU reset the catalytic converter code didn't come back.

Thanks so much!

Have your mechanic reset the CEL with his code reader. I had those cat codes turn on mine when I had a bad 02sensor and swirl control valve. Once those were fixed and the ECU reset the catalytic converter code didn't come back.