Time For Heavy Upgrades

SaKaNa

OK. Long story short, I ran into $5,000 that I can blow on *anything* I want. Though I'd like to have some left over to you know, not have wasted (cause I'm a cheap bastard), I want to get some things done on my Pathy.

I KNOW the timing belt *HAS* to be changed immediately. I was already given a flat price of $400 to do that, and plan to have it done this week, I also want to get my speed sensor replaced so I actually know how fast I'm going.

But heres the list of things I need some help on dealing with:

AC Lift.. But I dont know which selection of shocks/struts you guys recommend, and I figure you'd know more than me for this.

TIRES... can I fit 32x11.50x15 on the stock rims (with AC lift), or would I have to get new ones? I've been thinking BFG ATs...

My exhaust is rusting apart, I actually lost the end of my tailpipe somewhere on RT-295 in NJ... Or at least I think it disappeared some time around then... Should I just have it replaced stock? Go bigger this time? What shall I use?

Tranny cooler... I love to floor it at every light and really get my transmission hot... any recommendations on a better cooler?

FRONT END... This things all smashed up from a number of mistakes. So the thing is... I found some TJM T-15s, but seriously, theyre like $1200, and I wouldnt even have a real use for it around here... we dont have rocks, we have sand, mud, and water that has no rocks underneath it... So I've been thinking of just letting a body shop fix up the front end...

[EDIT: ah, optima yellow top... thats one i need]

Anything else I should do while I'm at it? I'm trying to build a beast that will last for years to come and look completely excessive. I think I've covered most of the questions for now, kinda bblazed and just wanted to get this on here before I forget to..

Edited by SaKaNa

SAS

Yea. I'm going to waste the little time I have free ( i work 56 hours a week) working on that, when I could just leave it at a mechanic for a day with all the things i want changed while i'm at work and have it done in a few hours.

You work 56 hours a week? Man you're always on AIM and say you never work lol.

Oh and answers to the above

Do the Tbelt

AC coils, Kyb struts, bilstein shocks..

You'll need some 15x8" rims with at least a 4" backspace..

Tranny cooler, just get a monster but make sure its still inline with the radiator cooler

Yea. I'm going to waste the little time I have free ( i work 56 hours a week) working on that, when I could just leave it at a mechanic for a day with all the things i want changed while i'm at work and have it done in a few hours.

Huh? Do you even know what SAS means?

You work 56 hours a week? Man you're always on AIM and say you never work lol.

Oh and answers to the above

Do the Tbelt

AC coils, Kyb struts, bilstein shocks..

You'll need some 15x8" rims with at least a 4" backspace..

Tranny cooler, just get a monster but make sure its still inline with the radiator cooler

Yea, I *do* have a computer at work, its where I do *ALL* my work, and I have AIM installed on there... And I dont actually get much done, but I still have to BE there from 7:45-6:15.... hell, its a damn saturday at 8am and I'm in the middle of getting ready to go off to work.

But anywho. TBelt is a DEFINITE, I *HAVE* to do it ASAP.

OK, so the exact AC lift I'm looking for is: Lift comprised of 4 coils which will give your unibody Pathfinder or Qx4 2" of lift when installed. Coils are powder coated black and can be installed by owner. Allow the use of 31" tires. Includes GR-2 front struts and Bilstein Shocks for the rear.

Who wants to start recommending 15x8 rims? dark green 97 XE

Rims for that color i would have to say black steel wheel, personally thats the color of pathy that i have and im in the process of saving money for new tires and rims and im gonna go black steel soft 8 rims, as for lift i have the AC 2" llift with rancho's and have no problems with it, but then again i have RS9000X in the rear which means that i can adjust the ride quality of the rear. Hope this helps

I know what SAS is, and because its not a retaily available option, I'm not doing it. Evr since I got my pathy its become my daily-driver since I love it so much, so I cant sit around with it dismantled all over the place while I work on developing SAS.

Today's project: Optima Yellow top. Do I need one of the adapter thnigs to make it fit, or can I just set it right in?

Timing belt is probably Wednesday, since Wednesday I have to work right up the street from my mechanic, so he can work on it all day long, then my pathy will be waiting for me in his parking lot when I get out.

I'll probably get some black rims at pepboys or autozone (employee discount at both ;) ) today.... Anybody have some recommendations on a new exhaust?

I know what SAS is, and because its not a retaily available option, I'm not doing it. Evr since I got my pathy its become my daily-driver since I love it so much, so I cant sit around with it dismantled all over the place while I work on developing SAS.

The reference was being made that R50's are unibodies...good luck trying to SAS something w/o a frame...

The reference was being made that R50's are unibodies...good luck trying to SAS something w/o a frame...

Someone like Max will eventually manage to do it..

I have the same A/C lift, And I love it, It is great off-road and on, it's very smooth, For the tires I went with some 265/75/16 they are working great for me, If hubs will fit with your stock rims then get those as well. I have stock rims and they don't fit with mine it sucks the gas millage is killing me right now.

&^%*@$# hell. I had written a post and must not have hit submit.

OK. So far I'm running an Optima Yellow, I'm getting some rebranded BFG MTs (31x10.50x15) tomorrow.

Monday morning I'm filling in for someone at work from 9-noon, so afterwards I'm going to talk to my mechanic abotu doing my timing belt. I'd like to get that in this week, hopefully Tuesday when I work open to close.

I need some more opinions on the AC lift specifics, what shocks/struts do you all recommend?

Qty Name SKU Price Total

1 Pathfinder Deluxe Suspension Package SPAC96PFKYPKG $665.00 $665.00

1 4x4parts.com Decal ACACNEWDECALREDX $2.50 $2.50

1 4x4parts.com Decal ACDC0050 $1.50 $1.50

SubTotal: $669.00

Shipping: $72.43

Sales Tax: $0.00

Total: $741.43

Timing belt is tomorrow, so is the speed sensor. I talked to my mechanic, and he said that if I drop off my lift parts and pathy one morning, he'll do it all before I get done work (i work 2 blocks from his garage)... So I'm giving him a few projects:

Replacing the bumper, corner light, and end peice (i need to find one of these still)

Putting in a larger transmission cooler

Installing the AC lift

timing belt was several teeth off, VSS is dead cause my transmission shreads metal into itself (i need to take that to small claims court), mechanic accidentally broke my intake cause it was dry rotted away, but all in all, my tranny cooler is way bigger than the last, and my acceleration is amazing... what a day.

Airbag light is still off :D Uh, the speedometer seems to be working at this point, i'm considering an idea to try dealing with the metal shards

my idea is to put some strong magnets below my oil pan, tohold any of the shavings down to there... though im going to see what the transmission place i used about 370 days ago says when i ask them to explain why this is happening.. this is bull@!*%.

dsc01221lr8.jpg

Thats my current transmission cooler -- should I have gone the next step up? This one is like twice the size of the stock one... and feels like it gets MUCH hotter, so I'd assume that its transfering more heat.