Hollister Hills May 5

SC88Pathy

Well, as much as I would love to go, I have to get started on my air lockers. It will probably take me a few weekends to get them both done, so you guys can probably count me out for the month of may. The first place I am going when i get my lockers done will be to Hollister hills. I got a date with truck hill. when you guys go be sure to check it out. Looks pretty challenging. and why don't a couple of you guys try it and let me know how you did. Maybe it just looks hard and it is actually pretty easy. I was watching a little quad looking thing try and climb it and it failed miserably. I may take a trip to Sonora on Sunday that is if a friend of mine does not flake, he will probably flake. If we go it will be for wheeling, fishing, and shooting. Such an awesome combination of outdoor activities.

Mark

awesome...... and damn! can't wait to check out the air locker install..... i'll find some lame excuse about parts to come over n check em out. and truck hill.. yah. thanks, but NO. i got :owned: in my jeep on that hill...... however, the waterfall is fun :bounce:

The first place I am going when i get my lockers done will be to Hollister hills. I got a date with truck hill. when you guys go be sure to check it out.

Actually, Truck Hill is pretty tame right now. It's been graded, and the dirt is well-packed. You only need good traction and low gears. Upper Fremontia Trail is the one that you'll need dual lockers for. It's loose and moguly. I wanted to do that last time I was there, but my front locker solenoid was stuck, so I didn't attempt it. Two other vehicles (an '06 Rubicon and a dual-locked Xterra) both made it up.

Actually, Truck Hill is pretty tame right now. It's been graded, and the dirt is well-packed. You only need good traction and low gears. Upper Fremontia Trail is the one that you'll need dual lockers for. It's loose and moguly. I wanted to do that last time I was there, but my front locker solenoid was stuck, so I didn't attempt it. Two other vehicles (an '06 Rubicon and a dual-locked Xterra) both made it up.

Sounds insane!

OK finalized plans will be sent out tomorrow *looks at clock* uh I mean tonight. Expect them sometime after 5. If you are planning on going shoot me a PM so I know who to send everything too.

Currently the plan is to meet in Hollister at 10:30. I'm not sure if we'll meet in the park, or at a gas station in Hollister. If you have a preference let me know. I'll give everyone my cell number in case of last minute changes to the plan/unforeseen difficulties.

My friend and I will probably be bringing GMRS/FRS radios (walkie talkies). Bring yours if you have one, I'll pick out a channel to use in the park.

Also what does everyone want to do for lunch? I was just thinking of bringing a sandwich for myself. Anyone know if there are facilities for BBQing? Maybe we could bring hot-dogs and BBQ them up?

OK it's getting really late and I have two midterms tomorrow. I will finalize the plans sometime in the afternoon.

Well I have to start somewhere. I will definitely be checking out The Upper Fremontia after I conquer truck hill (hopefully). Damn I wish my lockers would just install themselves already. They cost enough that they should have installed themselves. Oh well. No pain no gain right.

Mark

Well I have to start somewhere. I will definitely be checking out The Upper Fremontia after I conquer truck hill (hopefully). Damn I wish my lockers would just install themselves already. They cost enough that they should have installed themselves. Oh well. No pain no gain right.

Mark

maybe me n the better half could help ya if ya need it for some x tra bully power P...

maybe me n the better half could help ya if ya need it for some x tra bully power P...

Got plenty of bully power just need technical know how for setting backlash and gear interlock. Setting up the gears to be correct is the tough part. I will keep you guys in mind for future projects involving brute (unless you know something about setting up rear ends)

Mark

Got plenty of bully power just need technical know how for setting backlash and gear interlock. Setting up the gears to be correct is the tough part. I will keep you guys in mind for future projects involving brute (unless you know something about setting up rear ends)

Mark

well.. dave may try his hand at the set up if you have all the "numbers".....

Enjoi and I had tons of fun and yall missed out!

It was "syncro" de mayo today so there were a bunch of VW "Synchro" 4x4 vans running around the park. They were pretty crazy! There was also a large group of Sami's running around.

We saw this one guy in a highly modified yellow scout (I think it was a Scout at some point at least) trying to go up this really narrow gulch/rut. He got stuck on his side, unable to move forward or back. Had a huge crowd watching him (including two rangers).

Slick,

Here is the link to the place where I got my bumper, as you will see I ordered it without the rear tire carrier. (as I already have one) Like I said he takes forever to build them but I liked the quality I received in mine.

Mark

http://www.kenmtnac.com/MCNissan.html

http://www.kenmtnac.com/

well.. dave may try his hand at the set up if you have all the "numbers".....
Edited by msavides

Slick,

Here is the link to the place where I got my bumper, as you will see I ordered it without the rear tire carrier. (as I already have one) Like I said he takes forever to build them but I liked the quality I received in mine.

Mark

http://www.kenmtnac.com/MCNissan.html

http://www.kenmtnac.com/

awesome! thanks mark! :beer:

damn.. that bumper looks nice.. i might get one too. with the jack carrier addition will a jack fit with the tire? or the gas can mount? cause i already have a tire carrier too

SC88. I just saw this thread, wish I would of seen it earlier but I did see the pics...nice. Maybe next time

:ohno01: Rikk! I didn't know if you were still active on the boards! I should have PMed you...

Another run is being schedualed for next month, as I will be graduating from college!

:ohno01: Rikk! I didn't know if you were still active on the boards! I should have PMed you...

Another run is being schedualed for next month, as I will be graduating from college!

Andrew, I still visit this forum whenever I get a chance. I didn't know that you posted the trail run invite in Southwest thread, I always look at the trail run thread. Anyways, congrats on graduating college. Let me know when the next run is. Notice my pathy on NPORA logo, it was taken from last Hollister run.