My New Aluminum Battery Bracket

Daddy Rim

Al + H2SO4 = Al2(SO4)3 + H2

It has a clear lacquer finish on it.

I have another made that I'm annodizing red for my 280Z. :cool2:

And yes I should clean the engine / battery, but that is a very old battery that is sitting in the truck, (since it's off the road while I mod it) which will be replaced by a new Interstate battery which is currently sitting on the driver seat. My '01 is cleaner I promise!

:D Dude if the battery is leaking, I am probably not worried about my bracket!! :P

Your bracket is gorgeous and I am jealous...I don't have a bracket like that...or a pathfinder Lol, but I do have a deep cycle that would do nicely with such a hold down!!

Man... all the negativity! sheesh! hahah

I just made two of them up yesterday because my other one was rusty and my 280 doesn't have one.

I think it looks kind'ov neat, had two people message me to make one for them, so I can't be all that crazy. I know Lacquer won't keep it looking great forever, but it's in a truck so I'm not all that worried. I'm anodizing the one for my 280 since I can anodize at work.

Edited by Daddy Rim

I thought that you bught those as well, for making them your self that is a great freakin job!!

Merçi!

Made some 1" strut spacers today, not sure what I'll make tomorrow...

post-3184-1176838290.jpg

I was thinking about welding up a storage rack to mount into the hitch receiver. I'm sure you can buy them... but it's cheaper and more fun to make!

can I have some of those spacers?

You may! I'm going to try and program it into the CNC this week or early next week. If enough people are interested I'll do it cheaper :-) Though I doubt since a group buy was just done on the 3/4" spacers.

Tyler has some 3/4" spacers already made if you need something urgent.

so if you do make some more of those hold downs what do you think you would charge?? i might be interested and i would rather support someone here than buy from some other company :) i have a red top that was in my maxima but since its smaller i had to flip over the stock one and its kind of rubbing into the top of the battery, i dont really like that to much.