Weather Warming Up.

VW_Factor

Well, the wife and I have the Pathy running pretty darn good these days, and wanted to go play. We dont know anyone in the area, and I know from experience, going places to offroad, its very wise to have a "pull" buddy with you, in case you get stuck, so you can try things you might not be able to pull through.

Anyway.

We are in Salem Oregon. Wondering where you guys are at, and where you goto wheel. Lets see if we can get something put together or something?

p3270004_large_186.jpg

yeah, I know.. Im getting around to taking the running tubes off the sides.

I'm up in Bonney Lake, WA (near Tacoma and SE of Seattle). There are a bunch of people around the area. 88Pathoffroad is in Salem, and he's kinda a god around here. We need to get out and check out Sand Lake and the Tillamook forest.

I'm in Salem too, but I've never seen your Pathy around. I live over by the fairgrounds off Market St.

Warm weather is one thing, having money to do anything in it is another...have you seen gas prices lately? We're f*cked for summer already.

:blink: Market St..... that used to be a curse for several members of my family. Something about passing that street in a car. just could not be done by some :lol:

I can remember several times sitting at a gas station or truck stop (Shell fuel iirc... what ever is on or was on the west side of the freeway) when i was a kid. Mostly it was my brothers problems... so far I have not had any issues with that road :X

BTW, I am in Yelm, WA (east of Olympia).. not to far from Mr. Pickles and near a couple other members as well :aok:

Yeah, I filled up a couple days ago and it was $2.85, have to fill up tonight or in the morning for the 50 mile drive to work... just passed the "second cheapest" (by a penny or two over AM/PM - ARCO) place in town and it is $2.94 for 87.

2.85 was bad enough, but $0.09 in just a couple days... this just nuts!

And the further north I go the more it costs.

This morning in Eugene (where i am) i saw 2.97 for regular if i had an extra couple grand id be riding a motorcycle to work already. if you guys do plan something i might be able to try to get out, the only person i have to wheel with down here lost his transfer case so hes permanent 2wd til he can get it fixed.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
wow theres a lot of you folks up here in the great north west

im in kent wa

we should all get around and go out one day

we will strike fear in to the blazers and explorers (maybe)

Blazers and Explorers?!? hahahahahaha I think I've seen like 4 Blazers ever on the trails around western WA, either full size and rubbing against trees, or redneck-express S-10 Blazers. Exploders? Nada. Those things sneeze and break at the first sign of dirt from what I've seen.

Yes, we need to get out. There are lots of us in the Puget Sound area, Spokane area, as well as Oregon. Plenty to put together a run for sure, as we've had a couple not too long ago. Please chime up if you know of a place to hit up. We've done some minor Evans Creek stuff, Tahuya, and then everybody has hit a mixture of trails. I'd suggest (as usual) somewhere that's not too tough, somewhere where everybody from near stock to built can have fun, and there's enough side stuff or whatever to keep the bigger trucks entertained. A lot of the local guys run daily drivers and/or are family oriented, so we're not exactly into full mudding or rock crawling. Ya dig?

even a day trip to evans creek would be cool. i no longer have a tent due to buying a 30ft travel trailer so the camping thing is out, but could do a day trip. sounds like it would be a blast. i'm sure my son would love to go too. count us in if it happens.

even a day trip to evans creek would be cool. i no longer have a tent due to buying a 30ft travel trailer so the camping thing is out, but could do a day trip. sounds like it would be a blast. i'm sure my son would love to go too. count us in if it happens.

Camping would be cool. There's a camp ground area up there, and I've seen RV's in there, but 30' towed would probably be a stretch. We've got tents, a 2 man, 4 man, and like 8 man.

Its close enough though for those of us in the Puget Sound area, where those that want to camp could just stay, and those that needed/wanted to go home could easily make it a day trip. Hmmm... beer and B.S. at the end of the day around a camp file.

Hey I am up for anywhere around here. Hoping to sell some stuff and have a locker by July. Last time I went to evans creek (which is near Elbe, right?) it was just me and my dad but I didn't really go too far into each trail but stock, I don't know about that. (I have 32's now for those of you that went last time). It seemed pretty torn up and the first hill I tried pretty much requires a LSD or locker. We should plan something though.

Evans could be done... that was where a few of us met for the first time.

If Elbe then I know some Yota guy's (with mild to wild) who may jump in on that as well. Seems they stick to the Elbe hills... I think it is because it is close to home for many of them :shrug: