Rancho struts and shocks

helihog

Shipping charges are expensive, I want to verify the part number for my Pathfinder that was manufactured 11/97.

I explained the shoks and struts would require extra 2" travel, but I think he may have ordered the stock replacement.

Not sure about the strut # as I went with a KYB strut which is for stock height. The rear shocks I have the RS9000x's. The part # for that is RS99116. I got mine from Amazon.com when they had a special for $40 off any auto purchase over $150 and free shipping. Ended up paying $60 a shock shipped.

O.K here's what I found out, stock strut #RSX17502&17501.

Unfortunately the Rancho Rep says there is no equivalant shock for my 1998 (manufactured 11/97). To get a shock that would travel the additional 2" I would need to modify mounts.

Doh! All this to save shipping, taxes and duties.

Any ideas,

all you have to say is i need a shock with eyelets on each side, and is XX" collapsed XX" extended. What I did was go into 4 wheel parts, said i wanted a pro comp es9000 shocks with 16-17" collapsed and 28-29" extended. And they got that correct shock.

Nissandoms47,

you would think that it should be that easy. I live in one of the most backward places in the world. I had to take the flyer into a store to show them they carry Rancho!!!

:contract: -argue- WAVEY

The best way to figure this out is to remove an OEM shock, measure its compressed and extended length, then find a Rancho shock that has close to 2" extra extension, but nearly similar compression. From my recollection, Rancho shock part number 99116 is close to OEM, while 99010 is about 2" longer when extended, but only 1" longer when compressed. If you can find the specs for each of those and compare them to your OEM shock, that's the best thing to do.