Pro Comp Steering Stabilizer Installed

howlerman

Just installed the Pro Comp Steering Stabilizer that came as a bonus with 4 Pro Comp 3000 shocks P...

The mounting kit came with it, installs just like the Rancho SS, had to grind down the centerlink tabs, in fact I think the mounting brackets are identical to a Rancho kit, just a different shock.

I may post some pics later after I do the JGC coil lift with the new shocks B)

What a difference in the handling! Especially at highway speeds when the wind is gusting and passing by big rigs, works great on the rough roads too!

Very happy over all :cool2:

Edited by howlerman

Yes they for sure need to go.

Angle grinder made quick work of them

Only small issue I had was with the rubber spacing thingies (unsure of the name) :hide: that go on each end of the shock, the passenger side bracket is thicker than the centerlink ubolt bracket, so to get the nut started on that side of the shock I had to compress the rubber parts with a pair of vice grips so I could get the nut started.

I am putting some JGC springs I obtained and new shocks this weekend to lift the rear

Stoked!

Good luck in installing yours :beer:

My brother-in-law is going to order a set of them for me on this weekend, and send them to me in Brazil.

Do you know if longer shocks for the rear (for a 3" susp lift and disconnected rear sway bars) still apply for the package deal?

Fernando

Edited by flnl

Yes they for sure need to go.

Angle grinder made quick work of them

Only small issue I had was with the rubber spacing thingies (unsure of the name) :hide: that go on each end of the shock, the passenger side bracket is thicker than the centerlink ubolt bracket, so to get the nut started on that side of the shock I had to compress the rubber parts with a pair of vice grips so I could get the nut started.

I am putting some JGC springs I obtained and new shocks this weekend to lift the rear

Stoked!

Good luck in installing yours :beer:

A BFH works on the tabs too. ;)

... and I believe you were looking for the word "bushings" :D

• 4 weeks later...

Great info guys. I was thinking of going with this lift combo as well.

Does it matter what year of JGC springs I get? Is it front or rear springs?

I was thinking of 33" tires, will they work with this lift?

Do I have to change the gears?

I'll take note of the shock part #'s.

Thanks, newbie pathy owner in need of help.

yeah check in the how to's for the write up on the jgc springs its the fronts off a jeep something. i dont recall what it was. you wont be able to do 33's. in order to do 33's you need 3 inch suspension and 3 inch body to run it relativly smoothly. gear change is not necessary plus gears will cost you a fortune

yeah check in the how to's for the write up on the jgc springs its the fronts off a jeep something. i dont recall what it was. you wont be able to do 33's. in order to do 33's you need 3 inch suspension and 3 inch body to run it relativly smoothly. gear change is not necessary plus gears will cost you a fortune

packie is right. i have a 4" SL lift and 3" BL and rub my new 33" tires on the fender flares :rolleyes:

the JGC coils you need are FRONT, off a V-8 model, years 93-97 if I recall. this is the kragen JGC part number i got/used on mini me.. PA 8360513 (FCS782V) mine seemed a tad different to everyone else's, and i seemed to have got 1/4" to a 1/2" more lift from them......

Edited by Slick

• 1 month later...

Well, I thought that on this Saturday I could have the Procomp front shocks and steering stabilizers installed by myself.

Started working, but all bolts are stuck! I've sprayed WD40 all day!

Trying to unbolt the idler arm stud but didn't succeed, I also used a bar to help the wrench, but the only result I got was a bent bar... P...

The same with the shocks, could unbolt the lower of them from the LCA :(

Well, I thought that on this Saturday I could have the Procomp front shocks and steering stabilizers installed by myself.

Started working, but all bolts are stuck! I've sprayed WD40 all day!

Trying to unbolt the idler arm stud but didn't succeed, I also used a bar to help the wrench, but the only result I got was a bent bar... P...

The same with the shocks, could unbolt the lower of them from the LCA :(

WD40 is not a penetrating oil. Go get some liquid wrench or pb blaster.

Sorry, it's not WD40

It's Loctite Super Lub. It says it is penetrating. Don't know if you have this one around, in case, is it good? Here in Brazil I can't find PB Blaster.

Anyway, both of them say they do it. But maybe they're not that good. :shrug:

Edited by flnl

I just installed my es9000's last night. The hardest part was getting the old ones off. I ended up just using an impact wrench and the lowers bolts came right out. The left rear shock took the most time because the exhaust pipe is in the way. They shocks came with the steering stabilizer but no mounting brackets. It rides much better now!!!