Tire size

I'm running 31.6 on my stock suspension R50 and they are too big. I had to take the mud flaps off, trim a bunch of plastic, and they still rub. Now I am going to start trimming metal in the upper rear fender wells, where the stock flares are attached. I am going to hollow out the rear flares and attach them to the car with zip ties, to make them functional because right now, they are just for looks since their bulky guts are hitting my tires.

That'd almost be a good one, but they made them till 95...so it's just dumb.

i think what he's saying is that the last time they were actually 'cool' was in 1989...after that it's just like watching Miami Vice reruns and thinking 'they used to get babes looking like that...'

Sorry about opening the new thread. I was on my way to work and I wanted to have some answers when I got home before I hit the sack. Didn't have much time to search sorry guys. But yes thanks for the answers I was just looking around and had people tell me that when you get the 31 10.50's that there is too much rub. Because I don't plan on getting my lift for about another 3 months.

i dont know if I just have a unique situation here maybe someone before i owned it replaced the parts with something a little shorter or crappier but i had a tire shop test fit the 31x10.5 on a 15 rim with the 3.75 back space and there was no way it would fit.

my summer wheels on the black rims are toyo open country a/t 265 70 16

they only rub slightly when turning full left and going in reverse

the winter wheels are DC mountain cats at 245 75 16

they dont rub at all

the height of both are very near a 31 but width was my enemy. you may have to have them test fit some different sizes or you may get lucky. I hope for the latter but just so you know its not always a sure thing :)

the reason you rubbed was because of the 3.75 backspacing. if you fit a 31 on your stock rims or on even a 4 inch backspaced wheel i would bet it would fit with minor rubbing if any.

well my new rims are 16x8 with a 5" backspace and i get the same rub as I did with the stock rims on the toyos. perhaps sometime this summer i'll play like i'm going to buy another set of wheels and have some test fit to see. lol My plan was to wait til i can get her lifted and sell the tires I have now to my brother for his new frontier or a friend of mine with a jeep so i could get something a little bigger then :)