transmission leak

this all happened sat. i took the back way to crown king in AZ and completed it but on the drive home my check engine soon went on. i didnt think it was a big deal and i would get it checked out soon, like the light said. well i wake up the next morning and theres a big puddle of ATF under it. I turn it on and i can see that it is clearly leaking from where the trans is mounted to the engine. 537034610_Picture%20003.jpg

ya im running out of fluid pretty quick. after about 45 sec of running ive got a pretty big puddle

537034611_Picture%20004.jpg

ya so ya.. . . .

basically ive never seen this happen before and im guessing im going to have to pull the trans out. but what do you guys think? :shrug::( :oops:

Thats not a leak, Thats a Pisser.....

Could be the Torque Converter, or any of the seals/bearings behind it. I would recomend not driving it, push it into the garage and start pulling the Tranny.

Not sure what you Mechanical Abilities are. If you have to take it to a shop, I would suggest having it towed so that it does not run dry on you and cause way more damage...

If your lucky its just a bearing seal that is easily replaced, once your get the Tranny out...

well you said you were having shifting problems or something like that a while ago. so i would think something is wrong with the TC. and the TC uses the atf fluid. it circles through. thats why i think its good to do a flush instead of just a drain and fill. the flush gets the TC fluid.

If you were having shifting problems then I would say you need to atleast have that thing looked at while it is out of your pathy. I should not be very expensive since it is out of the vehicle. You dont want to just replace seals, change out fluid then reinstall only to have more shifting problems. Might as well recondition that t-case while it is out too.

:o how did you take the tranny out? you left the TC in? that must have been hard. I had to take my old engine out with the TC attached because it locked up. but there are 4 14mm bolts holding the TC to the flexplate. you get at them through the starter hole.

SON OF A B!TCH. it was hard. i thought you had to take the tranny off first and then unbolt the TC. alright o well. im just going to replace all the seals front and back. is there anything else that i should replace while im down there. the shifting was bad because my fluid was burnt black and im the dumbass that doesnt bother checking the fluid.

well now that i look back and think, im thinking my leak is caused by the input shaft o-ring. It never leaked before i put my new engine in, and when i took my old engine out we had to take the TC out with it because the engine was locked, when pulling out the engine im sure the TC ripped up the o-ring pretty good thus causing the leak. what does your TC and input shaft look like?