Winches

trogdor

I am just wondering what winch you all think is the best? If you could also tell some pro's and con's that would really help me out for my future purchase. :type: :shrug:

Edited by trogdor

A lot of guys are going to argue with me, but if you want the best, go with a Warn. Hands down the most impressive winches out there....

They're expensive, but you can get a M8000 for around $550. Compare the specs on them to the other cheaper winches. Just know that a lot of the specs on the cheaper winches seem to be exaggerated. They also don't take into account the fact that others overheat and aren't near as reliable.

There are tons of guys who swear by the Warns. Some of them are 20+ years old and you still see them selling for $400+. Warn is just a good "American" company with customer support that the outsourced brands can't compare to.

For quality and durability, you cannot go wrong with a Warn.

For affordability and performance, a T-Max is top notch. It's very close in quality to a Warn, but slightly less expensive and more powerful than a comparable Warn winch.

Warns are good but overpriced IMHO. Ramsey winches are good as well, Superwinch makes a decent winch, and T-Maxx winches are decent.

Warns are best for repeated hard use. The rest are just as good, but frequent hard use will wear out a cheaper winch faster. Just like any other expensive automotive accessory, maintenance is a must for a long life.

I have not orderd yet, I am hoping to soon. I want to get an ARB bumper unless something better come along. -bounce- I'm not holding my breath :eek:

Edited by trogdor