CB radio

xkrewx

On my AT Pathy, before I discovered the hole through which the clutch cylinder mounts on a MT, I was using the grommet through which the hood-release cable passes. It's a bit harder to get to, but it's quite easy to access if you remove the rear plastic linder from the front left wheel well. (Removal of the rear plastic liner may require removal of the mudflap.)

My recommendation would be to run a single fused, heavy-gauge [6AWG] wire from the battery through this hole (if it will fit) and to a fuse block under the dash. In that way, you can use this power source for any future electrical upgrades.

Edited by XPLORx4

It's where the clutch cylinder attaches to the firewall.

If you have an auto tranny, the clutch cylinder hole is covered by a black diamond-shaped metal plate secured by 2 12mm nuts. Looking at the brake booster from the driver's side fender, it's below and to the right of it.

To run power cables through here, you'll also need to partially remove the bracket securing the transmission control module under the dash.

I'm running a lot of wires through this opening, so I actually had to grind away a fairly large (1/2" radius) half-circle from the side of the diamond-shaped plate.

Late to the party but that's a good CB you have I got the same one but I had mine peaked and tuned and it makes a big difference. If you do end up drilling into any sheet metal use some sort of brace as the pathfinder metal is very thin and it will start to bend.

would it be a good idea to mount the antenna using one of those hood mounting brackets that come out of the crack in between the hood and the fender?

That's what I use and I get decent reception (although it is not a CB :hide: )

117_1752_1.jpg

yeah mines mounted almost in that same spot, should i have kept the cable long?....

could have something to do with where i chose to ground the radio?

or maybe im just a big idiot have no place owning or operating a cb perhaps?

IMG_0875.jpg

this is how i decided to hook it up, so that i can change out the cb easily if i have to.

lol...you guya were right gettin reception blows!!!!!

i still havnt gotten reception yet

Edited by xkrewx

I would of put the CB in the little cubby hole below the radio.....But here's a pic of my antenna, I made use of the access panel in the rear hatch area and drilled two small holes for the mount which I got from firestik.

cb2.jpg

100_0028.jpg

100_0025.jpg

Edited by John Boy

My 03 Pathfinder has the cubby hole but I did not put the CB there fearing the speaker would be too muffled to hear well. How is the sound with that mount?

I added a external speaker mounted on the A pillar..it's right next to my ear so I can still have the radio blasting and hear the CB for any smokey reports.

putting the CB in the cubby hole doesn't muffle the sound at all.

sounds like your antenna just needs to be tuned to get the reception. shortening the antenna wire would make the antenna "shorter" so you should probably do it by tuning the antenna rather than messing with the wire.