I am back. MrJim

MrJim

The Toyota group we were with were all impressed with the Pathfinders that day.

All I off-road with is toyotas and a samurai. I can go through anything a 7" lift and 35's can go thru and run circles around a 3"BL with 33's..minus that really deep one. :shiftyeyes: ...for now

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey all,

More changes for me. The company I was working for was having cash flow problems and it was looking a little bleek for me again. It had gotten to the point where they owed me back pay and they couldn't cover payroll. I finally asked the owner to lay me off or I would just have to quit. He did and I went on unemployment. I applied for a position with IBM and did one interview with them and yesterday I received an offer letter so I am in. :aok:

Not sure when my actual start date is, but soon. They will give me a company vehicle, laptop, cell, blackberry, etc. It is a pretty cool gig actually and the nice thing is that they will pay for my gas and drive time to get to Seattle from where I live now (from Seattle to Anacortes and back) everyday. That is about the only thing that would make a Seattle commute (2 hours in traffic) doable for me.

So, bottom line is that I had another hickup financially, but in 2-4 weeks I will be back on top of things again and I can get back to my plans to update the main part of the site. Oh, and I can get my own Pathy (MrJim) back on the trails. I am starting to really get the itch to hit the trails again.

Speaking of getting my own rig back on the trails, I was thinking that maybe we should try to organize an NPORA annual gathering as the weather gets a little nicer. Anacortes is a cool little seaside village that hosts allot of biker events and stuff like that. It would be a cool place to do something like that and I am pretty well known here so I could get special arrangements for lodging, etc. too. Hell, I am on a first name basis with every employee at the Chamber of Commerce and they love helping to organize this kind of stuff. What do you you all think? http://www.anacortes.org/

Cool beans, Jim! Good deal on the IBM job, that should help immensely, eh? We're still rootin' for ya, keep your chin up!

Thanks Aaron! Yeah, the IBM job takes allot of pressure off of me. What did you think about doing an annual NPORA event in the NW?

Jim

What did you think about doing an annual NPORA event in the NW?

I think it is a great idea, unfortunately Mapquest is telling me I would only be able to attend in spirit.

31: End at Anacortes, WA US Map

Total Est. Time: 39 hours, 55 minutes Total Est. Distance: 2736.74 miles

5000 miles+ roundtrip, Yikes!

• 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...