L&P Performance

89_trailboss

I moddified my CL. pics are around(posted them in mid december IIRC in the pic section).

if you have to ask if its a DIY job then dont do it.remeber that if this breaks, you can loose ALL steering abilities. I was scared @!*%LESS the first time I drove on one of my modded CL's. I got more comfortable with it and then after wheeling on it hard and having nothing break and seeing the abuse it can take; im more worried about a rocket hitting my truck then I am my CL breaking.

Well not necessarily DIY, I was just planning on getting what is required and go to a shop so they can weld everything together. But I was just wondering to get a step by step, so I can give the info to the guy who is going to do it for me.

You might as well just take in the whole truck and tell them to make the CL bulletproof. That way they aren't constrained to specs someone else gives them that may or may not work properly on your truck after it's welded up. Bringing pics of modded CL's would be a good idea, as well as talking it over to come up with a definite design you want them to follow.

Update on L&P...

It's been over 2 weeks now, and I have received no response from either Phil or the other Owner corresponding to my situation. I'm kind of between a rock and a hard place because I need to fix my truck as soon as possible, I did my part and made sure that he had everything in stock (when I could get a hold of Phil), and he even offered to help me out by throwing in a Idler Arm Bracket which I need as well, at no charge... but as soon as I sent payment (3 times because of a situation with paypal, that I screwed up on, but easily fixed by a denial of payment, a total of $1980 being held up), no response.

Basically here are my options, have no money for bills because I have $1320 tied up in paypal. Or I file a claim to get the money back. I don't want to do that because I know that Phil is a good guy, and makes a great product. It just seems I'm in the wrong place at the right time.

I called paypal today, and they said all they can do is e-mail him, and then if no response, file a claim.. seems like my choices are limited... What would you guys do?

Phil gets pretty tied up with his real job sometimes and has to put the L&P stuff on hold quite abit. Im sure he's not doing anything on purpose, and if you give him some more time to make things right, he will. The last thing Phil or Lee would do is try to rip ya off by keeping that money. Give him some more time. :aok:

Phil gets pretty tied up with his real job sometimes and has to put the L&P stuff on hold quite abit. Im sure he's not doing anything on purpose, and if you give him some more time to make things right, he will. The last thing Phil or Lee would do is try to rip ya off by keeping that money. Give him some more time. :aok:

I understand the situation he is in... I couldn't imagine trying to do something on the side. Money is tight for me only because I'm investing in property that just so happens to be a hotel and restaurant... 25000sq ft owns me.

I'll give him more time... now that I know the situation. I just hope that he still has my kit stocked ;)

My experiences with him were very good. I think he is a normal guy just like us, and is a stand up honest type and will not willingly leave you stranded.

If anything, I am worried about him. I am hoping all is OK in his world.

My experiences with him were very good. I think he is a normal guy just like us, and is a stand up honest type and will not willingly leave you stranded.

If anything, I am worried about him. I am hoping all is OK in his world.

/\ as stated in one of my first posts... I just hope all is well with him. I'm not too worried about when the parts get here, I've got time.. But the situation with paypal, and $1320 of my money being tied up because I can't get ahold of him sucks. I had to open a claim on paypal today to try to get it back. I literally talked to him a day before the first transaction, which was February 13th...and my accounts were all f'd up, tried it again on the 17th, same thing had my back up funding source and bank accounts backwards, and got charged again... then finally on the 22nd figured everything out with my bank, and that transaction went smooth... I'm still going to wait paitiently on my parts, but I can no longer wait paitiently for my money to be returned. Once again, I hope he's allright.

Thats definitely not an Aussie vehicle showing the SC pics. Look at the MC location and which way the wipers sweep. The MAF connector is 3.3. I have not had any contact with Phil but Lee has basically told me via IM he and Phil are no longer in buisness together. he (Lee)is going to continue working on the SC kit and doing cylinder head work. Lee has also taken a job in Detroit working for FMC so he is even farther away from Phil. He used to be only 90 miles, now he is 8 hours.

Edited by patzx300

Good guy or not, not checking emails, not responding to people waiting for parts prepaid is VERY bad business. I can't believe he is too busy to do that. :shrug:

Didn't a similiar thing happen with them a year or two ago, but it was health issues ?

My point is that if you need your truck on the road within a time frame, perhaps you should consider alternatives or back up plans.

B

i still have heard nothing and my right tire is getting CHEWED UP. anyone have any ideas on another brand of CL that will work?

There's always Calmini, costs twice as much though. If you have the time and are fairly good at fabrication, do a Google search for "TK1 mod". It's a CL mod that's very similar to the L&P setup.

don't brand me a heretic but you could always go to a Nissan dealer and get an OEM part; afterall, how long did the first OEM part last? and it's better then letting the whole situation deteriorate and cause other damage---glenn

don't brand me a heretic but you could always go to a Nissan dealer and get an OEM part; afterall, how long did the first OEM part last? and it's better then letting the whole situation deteriorate and cause other damage---glenn

advanced auto parts also carries them. U$110.

depending on how you wheel...the OEM replacement will cause the exact same problems pretty much instantly. It's not so much a part failure as a design flaw. If you don't wheel much, and your pathy is still on stock tires it may last a while, but if you're lifted, on bigger tires, it wont last unless you never wheel it..which is no fun.

I have the Calmini setup, and yes, it's expensive, but in my honest opinion, worth every cent. I got it 3 days after I ordered it, and have put it to the test, and it has taken the abuse in stride. I would recommend it to anyone that wheels hard, but if you wheel once every couple of months..and consider wheeling driving down a dirt road, it probably wouldn't be worth the money to you.

• Like 1