So it's been a while

RowOSU

So it's definitely been quite some time since i showed myself around here, apparently you do have to start studying at some point in college and I found that point last year.

Anyways, for some updates. My pathfinder blew its transfer case last winter right before I was supposed to drive back to school. Cute, so after purchasing a used transfer case and having that installed, my transmission began to groan (5speed) and I was told it would need to be rebuilt. I know nissan makes a great product, but I think I got an abused pathfinder, as it was nothing but problems for the couple years I had it. Thus, I sold it this summer and thanks to the great people at USAA took out a low interest loan and bought a used 05 Xterra with 6500 miles. I have really fallen in love with this truck, the 6 speed paired with the 4.0L V6 is an amazing combination. The ABLS is also great off road. On top of all that, it gets 22-24 on the highway which is great compared my 16 in the old pathy. Here are a couple pics from GWNF, back when it was warm.

2003803603190526687_rs.jpg

2003886264721815463_rs.jpg

And here is my moron friend in his 04 Fronty stuck in a sink hole over winter break.

2005767326044209658_rs.jpg

Anyways, graduation is coming fast, looks like the X and I are heading to Pensacola, Florida for flight school this summer, hopefully I can find some places to play out there.

Edited by RowOSU

Thanks you the update Bud. Sorry that the Pathy didn't work out for you, but hey, congrats on the X !! And yeah about the studying bit, it can be necessary and is useful if you actually plan to use the degree... ;)

B

Nismo - My pathfinder had 102,xxx when I sold it. At that point...

New clutch @ 70K

New Struts, shocks, rear control arm bushings @77K

New belts, idler pulley and alternator @85K

New CVs @ 90K

AC lift @ 90K

New Transfer case @ 99K

Needed new tranny

Needed a CEL issue resolved (CPOS sensor)

Rear diff had started to leak

Transfer case had started to leak

Manifolds ticked, even though the dealer swore they were fine..

So maybe a lot of that was regular maintainence, but it just sure seemed like a lot of money every 6 months of so. And my buddy with a 96 was not having the same problems as I was, things just seemed to wear out early on mine. Alas. I stuck wth Nissan.

Pez - I searched for the OR in six speed for a good couple months and I couldn't really ever find one in my price range so, no, it is an S. Would've loved the factory locker and the clutch start cancel, but both of those can be added later once I actually start to make money.