Raingler Cargo Nets

herm

http://www.raingler.com/shop/products.asp?catID=12

Anyone tried one of these? The rear cargo barrier for R50s is the item in question. I know the floor mounts would be secure, but those J-hooks at the roof are weak...

I have improvised a similar setup for the floor, using a series of NRS straps which form a square, with an X in the middle, around the four beefy J Hooks on the floor of the cargo area.

This gives me a webbing structure to lash to. I keep a Hi-Lift, shovel, and spare 31 x 10.5 inside when possible, especially in winter. All my other recovery gear and tools go in plastic cases and are packed in heavy duty gear bags, which can be stuffed around the tire, and all lashed to the J-hooks.

From my river running days, the rule is 'Rig to Flip'.

The cargo net would allow me to pack soft gear, sleeping bags, luggage, etc, to the roof without it shifting forward.

m.

I use this set up:

Rack4withfloor_1.jpg

Rackfinished_1.jpg

Was $100 CDN from Canadian Tire (now $140).

There are holes in the plywood for the legs to go into, it uses force to push up into the headliner (there seems to be a natural trench the top fits into, just luck in where I put it I guess) and in addition I tie it to the J hooks on the side. Has worked well so far but have not flipped the truck yet!

• Like 1