the prado lift confuses me

xkrewx

If you really wanted to keep the same ride but have it sit higher you could always do custom coils. Keep the same 115in-lbs rate but have the coils made longer depending on how much lift you're wanting. Not trying to push you one way or another, but if you went the Prado route (yeah I'm a little biased, :P ) you can keep the same springs up front and go custom 115in-lb springs in the rear. Then again, you could do this as a coil lift too.

That's funny how I've read those specs a million times and never realized that 160in-lbs is more than 20% stiffer than 115in-lbs.

We just installed a Total Chaos kit on a friend's '07 Tacoma with a set of 600in-lb coils. :o

Unless the thing weighed 20000lbs, that is nuts! I dunno what i'm gonna do, but I have to do something cause all the towing i've been doing has made my rear end sag.

Yep it was on a set of coilovers. It's meant for jumping though, so you need a STIFF coil to keep from bottoming out.

I'd say that you could do the install yourself with a little mechanical experience. As long as you have a decent array of tools and some knowledge it really isn't too bad. Look over the little writeup Max did here...

http://www.pradolifts.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=156

why 200 over 160? you've never had 200 coils on your truck you dont know if the ride would be terrible or better. whats wrong with the ac coils?

I have not compared multiple stiffnesses in a Pathfinder, but I did compare rates from 200 to 350 on my last car (our club had nearly identical setups with stock to 300lb coils, so I did get to try them all), and decided on 250 for my coilovers. And that was a much lighter vehicle than the Pathfinder. So I do know what it feels like to go stiffer and I know what I like. Maybe 250 or 300 would be ideal for me in the Pathfinder, I don't know as I haven't tried it! But I do know that I would like coils stiffer than the AC coils I have now. They were an improvement over stock in stiffness, but that doesn't make them perfect. I also would have gotten higher valving on my rear shocks in retrospect, and I wish there were higher valved struts available too. Overall I feel my setup is superior to stock in every way except the topping-out issue, but I would change things if I could do it over again. I would definitely go with custom coils over AC that are stiffer, only 1" longer than stock in front, and 5" longer than stock in rear. And when my AC coils wear out, I probably will- but that will be a while.

Edited by MichiganAve

yeah, look at this picture.

P1010019.jpg

if you have 300 coils you'll never stuff your tires. my tire is off the ground and the passenger front tire isnt even totally stuffed yet. trucks need less because they have more travel then those little rice rockets. unless its a coilover like what the sas xterras and them use.