Rear Bumper

kevs03pathy

Just got done emailing Kyle at Kennesaw Moutain Accessories and they have a rear bumper for our R50's. They can also add on other thing's like a tire carrier,can's, a hitch and more. Below is the pricing and he said we can get a dicount the more people the bigger the discount. 2-4 5%,4-9 10% and 10 + 15%

He is going to have a picture of our's in a couple of weeks. It will look simular to the 4runner they have pictured on their site. Maybe some one has already posted this before but I talked to Kyle and he said he had not talked to anyone from NPORA about it. Any interest?

MC for 2003 Pathifinder

bumper only - $285

Multicarrier system - $550

Options:

Receiver hitch $65

jack carrier $25

CB antenna mount $10

gas can carriers (1 or 2) $45 each

license plate light and mount - $25

Recessed LED back up lights - $75 pair

satin black finish standard. Gloss black $25,

Aluminum/Silver-Brite - $40, bedline bumper with

Scorpion spray on  truck bed liner $100.

I'll leave that to him. I'm really not meaning to bash KMA but I think people need to realize what you get when you buy from them. Seems like half the time it's perfect, and half the time it's a nightmare. Here's a recent thread from Pirate...

http://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/showthread.php?t=547382

If we're going to do a group purchase for the bumpers, why not go through Richard? The one he made for Derrick (and every other one he's made) is AWESOME. :bow:

Tyler

yeah, ive heard the same about KMA also... it's great if they want to build stuff for the R50's - but I know some guys have had issues with welds, and timing... (loooong waits)

I'm trying to be nice and give Kyle a chance to remedy the multiple problems with the front bumper I just received from KMA before posting my pictures and issues. But some things are off 1/2", some things 1", some things a whopping 2". And I'm not optimistic they will resolve anything as so far Kyle has only suggested that the problems must be due to Nissan's factory production of my truck... I also had issues with them taking months longer than they said. And they charged my credit card for the remaining balance before it was done. And they missed my hard deadline for when I needed it completed. For the moment, I would highly highly highly highly recommend not purchasing anything from KMA. I will post updates, but its hard for me to deal with this right now as I don't have any days off for another two weeks...

My rear bumper and sliders from Richard (frontier2k1) are quite nice. We will have to work out the tire swing as our models years were different (he mocked it up with a 00 Pathfinder, mine is a 98 QX4, and our rear hatches are apparently different). Richard is great to work with, but he no longer has an R50. I don't know if he saved measurements from mine to do multiple orders.

Well in some way's I am sorry I brought this up but on the other hand I guess it's better to get the word out to people here before they have the troubles others are having. I hope thing's work out for the guy's that are having problem's

Well, perhaps you get what you pay for... :X

Here's my bumper, finally done:

completed2.JPG

rearview.JPG

carrier_open.JPG

hitch_bracket2.JPG

hatch_clearance.JPG

Lokks great Dean so what did cost? I live in the Santa Rosa area and might be interested in getting one made if the cost isn't to bad.

I paid $1000 plus $275 for powdercoating. However, the price I paid is not indicative of what others would cost, since mine was the prototype. A production run of this bumper would likely be less, but the price per unit would drop with multiple orders.

Edited by XPLORx4