Cleaning fuel injectors

SantaCruz163

I just changed my plugs and wires tonight. It wasn't bad at all. I did the entire job in about an hour. It definitely helped with misfires. Now, I want to clean my fuel injectors. I see a lot of products that claim to clean fuel injectors. Other than buying new ones, what is the best way to clean fuel injectors? Is there a product that actually does what it says it will?

I just changed my plugs and wires tonight. It wasn't bad at all. I did the entire job in about an hour. It definitely helped with misfires. Now, I want to clean my fuel injectors. I see a lot of products that claim to clean fuel injectors. Other than buying new ones, what is the best way to clean fuel injectors? Is there a product that actually does what it says it will?

Factory says don't do it. Search on this forum showed that some people have used Seafoam (I think). Mine runs fine so I am not going to mess with it.

to really clean the fuel injectors you have to remove the injector, get some kind of cleaner, i used that pressurized brake cleaner stuff and just sprayed it up and do and cleaned off the tip, then connect the two electrical terminals to the battery to insure its working, you will hear a click when giving it power and thats the sign that its working.

The factory says don't clean them..... So what do they expect owners to do to clean them to obtain better fuel economy and a healthier running engine?

"They" expect you to buy a new vehicle!! once you realize you have crappy gas mileage. ;) Or they want you to "bring it in for a fuel injector cleaning which ends up costing around 300 becuase the determine one or two of your injectors are beyond cleaning and need to be replaced.

I just posted a similar question on the AC board - my dealer has suggested an injector cleaning since I seem to be feeling a loss of power. They quoted $125. to do the cleaning, I didn't ask them what it entails. I haven't decided if I want them to do it yet.

m.

SeaFoam can instructions...

Diesle: Clean the injectors quickly buy replacing the fuel Filter and filling it with SeaFoam....

Not exact but Close enough, the last tank I put in the 91 I added 1/4 can of SeaFoam and it appears to be running better, Still have to do the intake and add to the tank on the 95

We use BG products at my work. There is a in tank additive, one to clean the intake and valve and also one to run through injectors. Good products! Prices vary upon what you have done.

Any idea what parts store would carry BG Products?