What else can I do to my R-50

RWC5S2

Hmmm, the bumpers do look different. Might be due to the top being covered plus I did not get any optional lighting. They also cut out openings to allow for better air flow to the radiator along with the top cutouts to access the inside for a winch or receiver. On the 99.5 and newer the mounting brackets are are already drilled out for the 3 factory holes in the frame so there is no drilling of the 3rd hole.

Nice to know that other folks have used the Wally World lights. I may try a larger wattage bulb as mentioned. So many good ideas here. Guess I better start saving my nickels and dimes.

My R-50 has dual exhaust from the engine but it joins into a single exhaust pipe. What do you suggest to make it more better and do I have to add another cat converter. The People's Republic of California is quite unreasonable about adding to the dreaded Greenhouse Gas problems. Actually, they are quite unreasonable about most every thing. Would a Flowmaster system do any good?

i highly suggest magnaflow over flowmaster. as for those lights, im with ya on that, i spent 40 bucks total on my pro comp lights and already broke the lens twice on it. replacement lens are only 4 bucks from 4WP. ive considered the hella 500s up there but it would be more expensive to replace.

My humble apologies to the person who PM'ed me as I accidently lost it. Another example of senile old farts and computers. At least i read it first.

The new version of the KMA bumper bolts to the frame via the 3 existing holes. You do have to remove that odd tube thing and I used a sawzall to trim the flange down. The bumper bolts up with 3 grade 8 x 1/2" bolts, nuts and lock washers. It is quite strong and I used it today to pull a Cherokee out of a bad spot. No problems at all. It is strong.

As to the Flowmaster question, thanks for the info on the other option. I will most likely go that way and add a cold air intake.

Another diatribe regarding the bumper. I also managed to stuff it into the ground today on a very steep banked wash-out. The approach angle was hideous. The bumper plowed right on through and only suffered a few scrapes in the paint. A can of Rust-0-leum and I was good to go.

Thanks again to all for the recommendations on how to best part with my money and improve the Pathy.

When you're ready for some serious lights go for the Hella 4000. They need a big, flat base to mount on, but the adjustability and lack of vibration is the best in the business. I run the clear shields so no broken lens, and no need to stop and take off the covers. They are the sun itself... almost.

m.

The whole corner light comes out. They are pretty simple to replace as long as you don't break them. There's 1 screw holding them in and they are just pulled out of the clips after that. If you don't pull them straight out the clips can get broken off, but it isn't that difficult.

I've actually got a set of amber bulbs sitting around here somewhere I bought awhile back and never put in. Let me take a look and see if I can find them. Where are you located? I know neither of us are going to run around without turn signals for long...

tmorgan, I am in So. Calif.

Regarding the gears, they are stock and I do not know the ration. I have been trying to find out. The rear dif has a white spot so I know it is not limited slip, per other threads on this site.

Re; the exhaust, I still have the OEM spare tire hanging there, been to lazy to remove it but will do so to enhance the exhaust.

Well, I finally the axel code on the firewall plate. I have the HG43 which explains why I now feel like they are closer to a 3.50 with the 33" tires. At least I know what to look for in the bone yard.

Ok, so I am thinking "what can I do to help this rig breath better and maybe improve the MPG"? Well, I hear all about the K&N filter system and have some buddies that think that is the only way to go. But, good grief, it costs $300 for a lousy air filter and a chunk of pipe. No problem grasshopper. You're at Pep Boys. I picked out an adapter for the cool air filters and buy what looks to be a decent air filter. The cone style like K&N. It has got to be better than the 1"x2" little hole my OEM filter is sucking air through. What the heck, I buy the stuff and exchange my clunky OEM system for the new sleek, wazoo we guarantee all kinds of junk system.

airll5.jpg