What else can I do to my R-50

RWC5S2

Just had to share my toy, a 2003 R-50. I added the A/C lift and put BFG A/T 33x9.5 on steel rims. The rock sliders came from JCR Off Road. I ordered one for a Cherokee but called and they made it 6" longer to fit my rig. Nice folks. The bumper is from Kennesaw Mountain. I know, not the favorite around here but it works well. I figured the spare on the roof will work until I raise major bucks for a rear bumper with tire mount. I ended up with almost 6" of lift over stock and it goes places I most likely shouldn't. Guess I need those 1" aluminum strut spacers talked about in another forum and I will be maxed out, unless I opt for a Prado lift, which is very doubtful.

liftpath1ax3.jpg

I welded the sliders rather than bolt. I used 2"x2"x1/4" angle stock to weld to the sub-frame. The slider braces then easily fit and were welded to the 2x2. Since the R-50 sub-frame does not extend down like the Jeep that was the only way. Made a nice installation and is incredibly strong. The tires are included in the overall lift height.

Edited by RWC5S2

Yea, that looks way good!

It would be ninja with headlight and tail light covers. I had some for a day and the tail light covers would not fit, they have to be the older tail lights to fit (btw, thanks guys for telling me they would fit :furious:) And I took the headlight ones back because I couldnt see at night. Im liking the bumper too!

I guess you could go oba and lockers. Hubs if you want. Full rack on top. More lights, uuh, I dunno, ask dean lol. He has all kinds of crap youd never think of!

sick truck man. I'd LOVE to see more pics of that bumper, I've been interested in that one for some time now. Next thing I would do is get rid of the Baja lights lol, go with IPF or Pro Comp or Hella. Like mentioned above, lockers!!! and a rack. Lookin good :aok:

the ac skids have a bit more room to get to the drain bolt its like a square so you can get up there easier and its not offset like bpa's hole on the defender. you might still have to drop the front skid but im pretty sure yuou can just reach around it and grab the filter off.

dude thats a nice looking pathy...

Wow that is one cleeeaaan rig. Very nice! Well theres a lot you can do, but if you are looking for a better appearance, I reccomend some black tails and headlights:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/99-04-NISSA...077553725QQrdZ1

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/99-03-04-NI...082200250QQrdZ1

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/96-01-02-03...087617039QQrdZ1

I can't tell if your tinted..if not you should throw some tint on too. How's the car audio? Throw on a roof rack, exhaust, intake, plug wires, warn hubs, snorkle. Ha thats all I can think of for now.

The black heads would look great too. I still can't get over how clean that thing is. Sometimes more is less, you know?

I still really like the stock roof rack and air dam. But if you did remove it I'm sure you could ebay that thing, owners who don't have that model are always trying to get their hands on one :P

*Edit* Case and point^^^^DJ Dank! :aok:

Edited by navygz19

I see there are many more ways to spend money. Thanks to all for the info. Not too hot for a snorkle as then I would have to get it all wet and such......lol. The KMA bumper is $460 for plain, $480 for the receiver style like mine or the winch mount. To answer the oil change issue, yes it is a big pain. You gotta be real fast to get a funnel in there or spill oil all over the plates. I found a place that will drop the plate to change the oil for no extra charge as long as they are slow. I must admit that the black lights look pretty cool. I might entertain that option. Not too sure about a bigger roof rack as it might not fit in the garage. Will have to measure that option. The stereo is a dealer upgraded 5 disc unit. Being an old fart I can't hear worth a dang any way so no need for a bigger unit. The windows are already tinted so that was nice. I will add a pic of the underneath after this post. The bumper bolts into the existing 3 frame holes on each side with 1/2" grade 8 bolts. It is actually pretty stout. I did have to cut off that wierd looking extension that seems to serve no purpose. Can't believe how cheezy the OEM bumper was mounted. Nothing but plastic and a 3" wide chunk of sheet metal. The factory plastic bumper would have cost double the price of the KMA and only have gotten messed up again. I just might get a cold air intake unit. The current 13MPG sucks and I could use a boost.

liftpath4ek8.jpg

wow didnt notice before but loose those cheapie wlamart baja lights...kinda takes away from the front end. otherwise pretty sharp

Yeah but it won't matter if he smashes 'em...hell I'd even keep spares of those in the back!

What? Ju don like mi lites? The man at the trailer park said they were all the rage. I shopped all kind of brands and they are all 55watt so I figured why spend $90 for the same amount of light. Tell ya what....I shall paint over the Baja and put some decal on them. But, not a smiley face. I still have some pride left.

With regard to the 33's rubbing, they do rub a little. Need to trim a little more of the inside plastic off. Kinda wierd though. They will rub on a small bump but not when I stuff the tires up to the back windows. Or maybe my screaming drowns out the rubbing.

I do appreciate all the suggestions on how to spend more money. I shall be looking for a locker or at least an OEM limited slip. Will most likely do the Warn hubs on the front to ease the wear and improve MPG.

That looks like a totally different bumper than the one mentioned in a previous thread about KMA bumpers.

http://www.nissanpathfinders.net/forum/index.php?showtopic=11270

Looks like the 99.5-2004's have a different style than the 96-99's according to their website. Wouldn't the later year style just mount up to my 98 just fine?

Edited by DJ Dank

Yea, people shouldnt knock it till they try it. I understand that the different brands of lights may have better reflection and all but I dont see the price difference. I threw away the front covers i think, I cant find them anymore anyways. If you buy 100w h3 bulbs and cut off the little tab that keeps them from fitting they are way bright. They dont melt anything either. I think those lights are the "smart way" to go. I have them and love them and no one knocked on mine.......

Sweet rig... I definetlly suggest a custom exhaust... you gotta let the girl breath... they are very choked up from the factory. I love the all black, I wish I would've gotten a black one but I went silver... oh well. Who knows, a better flowing exhaust might help your mileage too.