bought an r50!

93xe

insurance totalled my '93 xe and cut me a check for $3100...i was really looking for a frontier but there are not many used clean cheap ones around, so i did some searching and ended up buying a '97 pathy xe with 113,000 for $4500. I have only had it for 2 hours and i LOVE IT. Way better than the '93 (which was a 5 speed no power anything). I am really just happy to have power windows , but the extra power of the 3.3 is nice, and i love the overall look of the truck.

They were asking $5200, i went to look at it and found some little things wrong - pass. side corner light was out, pass side foglight was out, front speakers were blown, couple scratches here and there, but they had just recently replaced the timing belt and water pump, along with 4 brand new crappy all seasons. i got them down to $4500 and paid in cash. Sorry for the rant but im really excited to have another pathy...pics will come tomorrow after work.

One question though...the ac/heat only works on the highest setting, nothing comes out of the vents on any of the lower ones, anyone have any ideas?? thanks for bearing with me, pics to follow!!!!!!! :D

Edited by 93xe

Way better than the '93

HAH CASEY!! :P

Congrats on the new (to you) pathy... looking forward to pics...

Sounds like your blower motor resistor is gone, it's an easy fix you can do yourself.

Just gotta pick up the part from the dealership.

HAH CASEY!! :P

Sounds like your blower motor resistor is gone, it's an easy fix you can do yourself.

Just gotta pick up the part from the dealership.

im sorry to all the wd owners but the r50 (to me) is just overall a better vehicle. I understand that there are more lift and part options for wd21's, but aside from that every single thing on the '97 is superior to my '93 and my old '88. I am gonna miss the 5 speed, on the way home after purchasing it my left foot and right hand did not know what to do! i loved my other pathy's, and im happy to have a newer one. Going from the '93 which had a 5 speed, manual windows, manual locks, horrible heat/air, doors that let air blow in, windows that rattled around when down halfway, interior spare tire carrier that ate the whole damn trunk, tons of electrical gremlins, and frame rot. The '97 has power windows, locks, mirrors, hidden stc, more power, much better dash layout, real cupholders, and in my opinion much better looks. I will always remember the 88 and 93, but i look forward to the evolution of my r50.

BTW all three pathys were/are my daily driver, so all the little creature comforts make a huge difference to me!

Edited by 93xe

HAH CASEY!!
What???? if I had found a r50 for $4500 I would prolly bought it just for the engine and ECU... hehehe.... But it would have never left the Pavement.... Wifey did bring home a brochure on the 07's.... :shrug:

Rather have him by a Pathy than a frontier

Nice. $4500?!?! Where are you? $4500 here (western WA) would buy you a decent WD21, but no caR50 worth a damn really. My 94 with 156K miles still pulls a local Kelley Blue Book retail value of about $6000! (just checked)

Edited by Mr. Pickles

im right outside philadelphia, pa...kbb on the truck was around 6, the people i bought it from put some money into it and were going to give it to their 17 year old son, but he didn't want it - he wanted a civic, so they just wanted to sell it and recoup some of their losses

NICE!!! They're capable machines but not as 'moddable' as the WD's but good highway manners. I love fronties too but that R&P steering is a joy compared to my parents 00' Fronty. Once again not a huge aftermarker for us.... but its growing P...

I am gonna miss the 5 speed, on the way home after purchasing it my left foot and right hand did not know what to do!
Too funny! :D

welcome... wow you got $700 off for a blown fog, corner, scratches, and speakers? that's at most 100 to fix if you don't mind the scratches.

thats what i thought, but some other little things came up today. Turns out both cvs are torn and there is a small oil leak that seems to be coming from the oil pan.

The bottom of the alternator has a good amount of oil on it, and i took off the plastic front skidplate and the steering components had a small coating too. These aren't too major, its getting an clean up tomorrow and then inspected.

it definitely hit something, maybe lightly tapped another bumper, the front is slightly uneven...check the d.s. headlight

post-7-1170379866.jpg

Edited by 93xe

I envy you, I've been wanting a 98 for so long now just can't find the right deal.I love my 95 but I just know I would welcome the ride and bigger engine. Instead I just keep throwing money at my 95 which is senseless because i watch it rust more and more each day.

O don't forget about the timing belt..................