Spacer interest...again

tmorgan4

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

I did not mean to indicate any thing negative about Tyler. I was just expressing my hope that all goes well, which is not always the outcome with R-50 products. He has no control over what other folks do or don't end up doing.

Thanks for comparing me to TJM. :P I promise I won't bail on everyone. These ARE taking a little longer than expected, but what project doesn't? :D

For some reason the shop "still hasn't received the check" I sent. Replacement credit card still hasn't showed up....hopefully things will get rolling here soon.

EDIT: Here's another dilemma I forgot about. The shop also mentioned that "for some reason" making the spacers out of 1" thick would be slightly more than they had told me before. No idea what "slightly more" is, but it could end up being $90 or $100 total for a set. ;) I do, however, have a fairly large sheet of 3/4" that I know for a fact could be cut for the first price ($80 a set). Since the material is already paid for, I could drop this off at a local shop and everything would be much more convenient. No dealing with credit cards over the phone or weeks of shipping parts back and forth.

So the question is, would anyone object to making the spacers 1/4" shorter?

Edited by tmorgan4

Tyler, first, and most important, I never meant to compare you to TJM. I apoligise profusely if my comment seemed that way. I meant that I hoped the company you were dealing with was not like TJM........promise to do something and then not follow through. I guess my frustration with no decent after market R-50 items showed. I got too excited over the possibility of being able to raise the front of my Pathfinder so easily.

As to the 3/4" spacer, I can live with that. Better for the C/V's any way.

Tyler, first, and most important, I never meant to compare you to TJM. I apoligise profusely if my comment seemed that way. I meant that I hoped the company you were dealing with was not like TJM........promise to do something and then not follow through. I guess my frustration with no decent after market R-50 items showed. I got too excited over the possibility of being able to raise the front of my Pathfinder so easily.

As to the 3/4" spacer, I can live with that. Better for the C/V's any way.

No sweat!!! I didn't take it in a bad way at all. No hard feelings. :D

To be honest, the 3/4" is a ton easier since I can have a local place do it instead of shipping pieces back and forth to Washington. Just seeing if anyone was against the idea since it was a shorter spacer than advertised for the same price.

EDIT: Just so everyone knows I'm not going to bail, already have this material which should be good for a few sets of spacers. It'll be cleaned up first.

(don't have anything to resize with since format. :P )

537035085_IMG_0130.JPG

Edited by tmorgan4

Hey tmorgan,

I am very interested in a set of front strut spacers. Are you still taking orders? I have OME HD coils and would like to level my ride. 3/4" is perfect, and steel or aluminum is fine.

I live in Panama, Central America, but I have a mail forwarding address in the US. Please let me know how to proceed.

Thanks!

Quick question. If I were to run OME HD front springs w/ spacers, I shouldn't have the strut topping out issue as with the AC springs, right? ALso, how about OME+spacer up front and the AC springs on the rear, I would be close to level? I am also interested in these spacers unless someone sees a flaw with this setup. I'd pay a little more for that extra 1/4".

Edited by Acey

Quick update...

From what I've heard back from the shops I sent quote requests 2 (heard back from 2 of 6) it's nearly the same price to cut this 3/4" aluminum piece I have as it is to cut the 1" and have the shop supply the material. I'm going to wait until I hear back from some of the other shops to know for sure, but it looks like we may end up going the 1" route again.

Spacers will be cut sometime this week hopefully. I'm going to start taking payments for them since the shop told me they'd cut them while I wait. It's 1.5 hours away so they were nice enough to tell me that if I gave them a heads up before I came down, they'd cut one piece and I could verify it fits, and then cut the rest while I'm still down there.

Here's the list I have going from before. No big deal if someone needs to back out, but I need to get a real number on how many pieces to plan for.

Fueler

Bradb

97vapathy

kevs03pathy

xkrewx

arcano

OE812

Acey (possibly?)

Please just chime in and let me know if you're still interested. These will be 3/4" for $80 + shipping. I can possibly work something out for the people that MUST have the 1" spacers but it will be a while.

Tyler

Edited by tmorgan4

PM sent to Tmorgan4.

Quick questions:

Strut top mount stays with the strut top plate, correct?

Set comes with everything needed for the install? (nuts, bolts)

is there a possibility for rear spacers?