Supersliders

OBXbeachpathy

So I'm sitting here debating whether or not I want to order the super sliders from Rocky Road. They're $408 which includes shipping from UT. Does this seem pretty reasonable? I know the ones from 4crawler are at least that much.

Do any of yall have any experience with RR. I know Tyler (W.) has the standard sliders, I dont know if he's on here or not, whatever. I cant decide if I want them or not. I dontknow what else I want to do to this thing, I'm getting a free center skid soon, so with these I'll pretty much be armored up.

Here's what they look like. I like the added upper tube, will come in handy as a step to the roof and hilift.

http://www.rocky-road.com/media/supersliders_5.JPG

RR is ok... I just ordered a set of their sliders and they sent me the wrong directions. Unfortunately I didn't realize they were the wrong directions until after I drilled the holes. All is well now. They never made good on their mistake and they even offered to send me larger bolts. Still waiting.

Those guys are STILL using my Pathy's picture in their Ebay auctions, AFAIK. I repeatedly asked them to remove it or at least update the picture and the response I got was "We can't change the auction page, it's already set up that way". BULLSHxT!

Check it out. My Pathy at the top of every auction with no credits or anything. And it's an OLD pic!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Nissan-Path...sspagenameZWDVW

Plus those guys are morons. Read the questions at the bottom..."Do you have a 2-4" body lift for my R50?" "No, but we have suspension lifts!" No mention that you CAN'T put a body lift on a R50...

ill probably get the super sliders, but go down to their shop and have them install it when i do. they're pretty local to me. i should drive down there and see how cooperative they are and all that. tyler and i both wanna get the super sliders once he sells his regular ones.

I messaged them just a little while ago from Ebay. First message basically said: "I've been asking you guys repeatedly to remove my pic from your auctions, would you guys please pay attention to me?"

They replied: "Which photo is it? Our webmaster is only supposed to use shots sent in by customers."

I replied: "The white 2-door. Pics are about 5+ years old. I've never been a customer, either. By the way, there's a thread going on at NPORA about your company, care to read it? Someone has a problem with an order and wasn't very happy about it."

Their reply: "We don't post on any bulletin boards. It is considered spamming by most moderators. Anyone who has a problem should contact us direct. We are the western hemisphere's largest dealer of Old Man Emu parts for any vehicle and didn't get this way by not correcting problems with our shipping or orders. Invite the individual to actually contact US. We can pull the picture now that we know what it is."

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

I have had nothing but a good experience with RR. There are 6 bolts that go through the pinch seam, and then the sliders bolt on to the factory bolt holes on the frame. I think that the super sliders look great. I am selling my sliders I have right now and will be getting the super sliders very soon. Tyler if you are interested let me know. Brandon I think that you should get some because they would look sick on your rig!!!

Sorry that I have not been listening but I thought the site was down.

I also think that if they felt that there was a bigger interest in aftermarket Pathy product they might build some cool stuff for us.

I thought the idea of sliders was to be under the pinch seam, to spread the load evenly and not F up rocker panels...wouldn't constant actual use of ones with bolts goin through the pinch seam eventually wallow out the bolt holes?

That's what I was thinking?

QUOTE (Pavelow Leaks @ Jan 25 2007, 02:59 AM)

I thought the idea of sliders was to be under the pinch seam, to spread the load evenly and not F up rocker panels...wouldn't constant actual use of ones with bolts goin through the pinch seam eventually wallow out the bolt holes? 

That's what I was thinking?

I have not seen any ill effects. The slider it self sits a little less than a half inch away from the rocker. There is not much movement so there is no room to create any kind of play where the bolts go through.

IMGP0978.jpg

Hope this gives you a better idea of what I mean. I also think that it tucks it up into the body better.

Edited by Entropy98