my bumper

97blackpathy

it kinda just went together like that. bad measuring too i guess. i guess it turned out for the better though cause now i have enough room to tuck a winch in there. i think what are the dimensions of 9k winch? also im getting 33s so the tire will be sticking out a couple of inches so the bumper will line up with maybe. i guess bigger is better.

If you can, try to narrow the width of the bumper by about 5 inches. It'll look a lot better. Cut out a section from the center, drill holes in the remaining ends near the cut, insert a section of smaller diameter tube in there, and plug-weld the holes to hold the inner tubes in place. Weld the two halves of the bumper together, then grind off the extra weld bead to make the seam look like one tube again.

You can get winch dimensions on the Warn web site.

Very nice, however I wouldn't make any bars extending toward the top, I would just make it a little taller so you can take off the rest of the bumper. I would also suggest making it a tad narrower. Maybe fill in the gaps with sheet metal for looks?

Though I do like it, I have to play devils advocate here...

With that isnt your tranny cooler and radiator gonna be fairly exposed to rocks and @!*% flying around on a highway? I've had something peel off a truck and smash a corner light at 90MPH.... just think of what a rock would do to a tranny cooler...... and just think of how fast that transmission would FRY.

lol so tomarrow im going to fix the camber first and then work on the bumper. im going to take off the rest of the bumper and see if i should still narrow it. ive been very lucky i guess because ive been driving it around for about 2 or 3 months without a bumper and even takin it out 4 or 5 times without hurting anything.

more than likely id say you would be OK driving around for the most part without a bumper...u are a little exposed there tho..

Sakana just likes to play the advocate here....

my suggestions would be

1. Remove rest of OEM bumer (as stated before)

2. Reduce the width by about 5 inches, i dont know that might be a little excessive try 4 or 3...

3. and i dont know what u are going to do to finish it up, but cover it all up with some sheet metal and your golden :)