Tach acting retarded

SantaCruz163

Ever since I bought my Pathfinder the tachometer has been acting weird. For example; when I start the engine the tach will read low then eventually drop down to 0, yet the engine is still running perfect. When I rev the engine, the tach will rev as well, then eventually it'll drop down to 0 again. Has anyone experienced something along these lines? All the other gauges work fine, and although it's not a huge problem I would like to have all working gauges.

I can probably upload a video to show exactly what I am talking about.

I would do some searching on here, its a pretty common problem. A easy repair would be to remove the cluster assembly, loosen then tighten all of the little brass screws that hold the gauges and printed circuit. Its worth a shot instead of paying for a new tach.

Try this one for starters.

http://npora.ipbhost.com//index.php?showto...0&hl=tachometer

The reason I say search is that some topics have been beaten like a whiteboy in the hood. Some, and I say some, members may not respond if you havent searched. No hard feelingss though. Kind of a normal process for new people.

Oh yeah, did you intro yourself in the new members thread? It helps with hellos.

Edited by 5523Pathfinder