Calmini lift kit

daver123

We know all about Calmini. Some have had good luck, some, not so much. Personally, from the horror stories I've heard about them, I've stayed away. (Bad customer service, horrible ship times, and SQUEAKY Upper control arms)

Besides, the same amount of lift, at the same, or higher quality can be achieved much cheaper.

We know all about Calmini. Some have had good luck, some, not so much. Personally, from the horror stories I've heard about them, I've stayed away. (Bad customer service, horrible ship times, and SQUEAKY Upper control arms)

Besides, the same amount of lift, at the same, or higher quality can be achieved much cheaper.

Simon

Could you do us all a favor and let us know how to go about this cheaper and with better quality? I am considering Calmini but if there is a cheaper better product out there I would like to know.

Thanks

Nick :aok:

Do some reading around the forum, there are a TON of posts about it. Search for info on Rough Country UCA's or Superlift UCA's.

Short and simple, Rough Country sells the Superlift UCA's for cheaper than most other lift kits out there and they're rock-solid pieces.

That Garage floor is too Clean.....

The only thing I dont like about my Calmini is not being able to Lube the UCA's at the spindle.... I will get some down time and extra $$$ to have some Zerks installed...

The biggest thing I liked about the Kit was that it was complete and pretty easy to install... Knowing what I do now, I would do it again, just machine for the zerk fittings 1st and MOOG Ball Joints... I still have the supplied ones installed and will beat them till they need replacing....

Customer Service was a bit challenging, but when I got to the top of the food chain there it was fixed.... One bad thing about being in Sales my self is I can have a short fuse with people that tell you what you want to hear vs what you need to hear...

Well, 9 months of running my Calmini lift and I'm pretty pleased over all. Yes, the front bushings do squeak to hell, and there were initial alignment issues that were beyond my local tire shop but that the Nissan dealership solved. Only complaint is that after 8 months of mostly on-road use with a few weekend's hard wheeling, the loop on the front shock absorber broke off, faulty weld I guess, but they sent me a new shock free of charge.

Simon

Could you do us all a favor and let us know how to go about this cheaper and with better quality? I am considering Calmini but if there is a cheaper better product out there I would like to know.

Thanks

Nick :aok:

Well, it's not a kit, per se. As 88 said, Rough Country (rebranded Superlift) UCA's, and Jeep Grand Cherokee coils in the rear will get you lifted as high as the Calmini kit. Then choose the shocks that you like. Rancho 5000's are a popular choice, as are the Pro-Comp 3000's, which are cheaper. All in all, it's just as easy to install as the Calmini "kit" and a hell of a lot cheaper. Plus, no squeaks with the Superlift UCA's. :aok:

I have it installed. I guess it's ok. My bushings squeak so loud I can hear it while on the highway doing 70 and over my exhaust which is really freakin loud!

I just got my L&P steering installed and I have to say I'm not sure if I am aligned correctly or not. It seems that I can't stay straight in the lane if I'm going straight, but turning is ok. Also, when most cars spring the wheel back to the center after turning, mine just turns more which means I have to be extremely carefull. I might take off my SS and see if it gets any better.

Leave it for a little while. It should loosen up a little bit as the spherical bearings work in a bit. Mine was really stiff when I first installed my CL as well..