Cone filter....

SaKaNa

xplorx4, i meant to ask you, what did you do with yours...? wheres it go now? WTF does it even DO? it didnt seem to do much, so I figured its just a breather for something.

My JWT charger has a fitting for that little hose, which is where mine is connected. I'm not sure what it's for.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I re routed mine back into the filter even though there wasnt a fitting for it.

19.99 + 9.99 is actually 29.98

and why the hell is everyone so against these! stfu! Alot of people have them! I left my bottom of my box in there beacuse there is no reason to take it out. Plus if I know im going offroading and its not sput of the moment, I can put my box back on if I would actually want to. But I usually dont and dont at all anymore. People need to think, humm, the airbox gets its air from a lower location than the cone filter, so you can actually cross less deep water. Its not like anyone has submerged their box and at the least, not noticed. If you dont use one, and havent had one on your pathy, then dont act like you KNOW their bad. If you people made the choice to get a 4 runner or something else besides a pathfinder, youd be the people saying, pathfinders suck offroad because their unibody and they are weak. Id never offroad in one of those. Yall speak of stuff you dont know.

and why the hell is everyone so against these! stfu! Alot of people have them! I left my bottom of my box in there beacuse there is no reason to take it out. Plus if I know im going offroading and its not sput of the moment, I can put my box back on if I would actually want to. But I usually dont and dont at all anymore. People need to think, humm, the airbox gets its air from a lower location than the cone filter, so you can actually cross less deep water. Its not like anyone has submerged their box and at the least, not noticed. If you dont use one, and havent had one on your pathy, then dont act like you KNOW their bad. If you people made the choice to get a 4 runner or something else besides a pathfinder, youd be the people saying, pathfinders suck offroad because their unibody and they are weak. Id never offroad in one of those. Yall speak of stuff you dont know.

Wow, wasn't that interesting and well written :rolleyes:

What in the hell do you care who and who doesn't do things like this to their cars? There's NO reason to banter other people, tell them to STFU and the like. Cool yer jet's, nobody was talking to you to begin with. :aok::aok:

Edited by navygz19

atison1ride8.jpg

Its when I do that that my engine looks like that. BUT I only do stuff like that every few months.... besides, the bottom of the box is there, and I've still got the box and filter, so I can just drop it back on and bolt it in.

So far its worked fine, but it definitely gets noticed by the ricers, and next thing you know theres someone with a fart can revving behind you...

So far its worked fine, but it definitely gets noticed by the ricers, and next thing you know theres someone with a fart can revving behind you...

lol thats why i got the tint. most ricers over here dont tint their windows and i can make fun of them all night long.

Wow, wasn't that interesting and well written :rolleyes:

What in the hell do you care who and who doesn't do things like this to their cars? There's NO reason to banter other people, tell them to STFU and the like. Cool yer jet's, nobody was talking to you to begin with. :aok::aok:

arguing over the internet is like the special olympics...even if you win your still retarded...anywho...i just simply plugged the hose that ran into the airbox. Ive been running my cone for about 20k and still no problems

I just registered at this site but I have shown my setup on a different site. Here is what I did.

Ep892.jpg

I didn't like the plastic adapter for the air filter but the company had an aluminum that I just had to redrill holes for it to fit. It also had the fitting to put that little vacuum hose at the same location as where the stock one is mounted, between the MAF and the filter. The aluminum one was only a few dollars more.

Edited by Acey

yeah i never knew what it did. mine is still hanging there. what does it do?

I would guess some sort of aux air feed of some sort. Maybe for emissions or something?

I installed a CAI on my VW (since removed) and it had a tube coming off of the CAI to feed the secondary air pump filtered air. Could be similar.

I dont know. Its hooked up to a "boost sensor" and then splits, one split going to the underside of the intake manifold, and i can't clearly tell where the other goes.

Brake booster? Crankcase ventilation? Cruise control?

Either way, it's a vacuum line of some sort and it wasn't meant to be plugged up.

Yeah my Stillen intake came with a plug that was incorporated into the intake for that vacuum hose to be plugged into...

When I first bought got my Pathy(4 years ago) I went the Ebay route and also ghetto fabbed a similar intake thats discussed in this thread but there was no where to plug that hose into...within a month or two(if i recall correctly) my SES light came on. It wasn't until I bought the Stillen intake(a JWT popcharger is very similar with the plug for the little vacuum hose) and had plugged the hose into it, the light went off within a week.

:shrug: