Gas Prices?

BigMike

so far near me the lowest is USD$1.62 and a high of $1.80

there was a line just for the $1.62 gas. no one else was at the other 4 stations. its higher at other parts of town.

how about you guys?

and girls

• Replies 230
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I try Costco & such, but usually I'm in no mood to deal with the Southcenter area traffic. And I only work about 2 miles away! The better half kept saying she wanted a Pathy to replace her Camry. Then she actually looked at the gas pump yesterday. :blink: Now she's changed her mind. She drives about 50-75 miles per day commuting and such.

Her Camry actually gets pretty bad mileage, not much better than the Pathy, in the low-mid 20's. But its the psychological impact of only needing to fill her 14 gallon tank vs. mine.

Cheapest gas in Salem, Oregon: $1.96 per gallon for 87 octane.

Expensivest gas: $2.19 for 87 octane, I don't know how some of these places stay in business...

Most I ever paid for gas, unwillingly: $2.59 per gallon for 87 octane in Ashland, OR last summer. The Texaco had mini-service pumps and full-service pumps with DIFFERENT GAS PRICES and little tiny signs that I didn't notice. After it was done, I looked at the cost and asked the guy why the big sign said $2.09 when I was paying $2.59 at the pump, he says "You're at the full-serve pump station. Want me to check your oil or wash your windshield?" I about lost it my temper. Got in the van, slammed the door and powerbraked a nice black strip of rubber with lots of white clouds of smoke right there before I left...

In NZ we are currently paying 108.9cents per litre for 91 octane, 113.9cents for 96 octane and about 120cents for 98 octane.

that works out at about US$2.56 per gallon for 91, $2.67 for 96 and $2.82 for 98.

i run my truck on 96 and get much better mileage than on the 91.

Oregon is a joke with the whole deal about how you can't pump your own gas. They end up rolling the cost of wages for the pump jockey into the gas price. I was driving through last year, and waited for a several minutes for someone to pump. I finally just said screw it and did it myself, and was almost finished when someone showed up. The guy then proceeded to flip out at me. I gave him the $ and told him he should have got off his lazy a$$ and helped me. He was not amused. :laugh:

I had a really good time a while back visiting family in Longview, WA (just over the border from Oregon). A middle-aged woman was standing there all confused, and then asked if I could give her a hand. I asked what the problem was, and she said she didn't know what to do. She had never pumped gas... ever. She was from Oregon, and when she travelled, her husband always did it. It just struck me as funny, something so basic being so foreign.

the first time i went to mexico i thought it was strange as hell. they acutually have pretty much only full service gas stations where they pump it for you. i was so used to self service gas stations. every now and then you will get a cute gas pumping babe to pump for you. so when ever we go down to vaction we go to certian stations and chit chat with the ladies.