GoneMoab '07: 5/20 - 5/25

XPLORx4

I participated in goneMOAB in 2003, and became the first R50 to cross the Golden Crack.

In 2005, I returned to Moab with friends to visit Arches and Canyonlands, and camped in Devil's Kitchen on the Elephant Hill trail.

It seems like every other year, I somehow make it out to Moab, so I might as well make an appearance at goneMOAB '07. I'll have a lot of new mods that are gonna need a workout. Anyone else want to represent the R50 contingency in the Nissan community?

PS. I probably won't do it unless there's gonna be some kind of R50 presence.

dean, so far im planning on going. I think tyler (entrophy) showed some interest in going so that will be 2 r50s from utah. hopefully ill be sporting my new lift heh.

anyways i have a question, you have that new rear bumper of yours, what did you do with your old stock one? i could use a piece off of it if your just going to trash the bumper. please get back to me on it

thanks!

i would like to get both chrome side pieces, but i really only need just the passenger side, if both are good ill just get em both. Also, i dont plan on getting a custom rear bumper likes yours anytime soon, but i saw the rollers you put on your hitch and your hitch seems very simular to mine, i just have the uhaul one. Where did you get those rollers and how did all that work out for you? Just tryin to get my truck ready for Gone 07'!

Well I would like to say I will be at Gonemoab07 but with the wife and kid it is kinda hit or miss whether I can get away for extended periods of time. I do have some more vacation time I need to take though.....

i would like to get both chrome side pieces, but i really only need just the passenger side

Well, unfortunately the passenger side chrome piece is slightly damaged. It's got a little bit of a dent/dimple in it from when I backed up into a big rock. :sniff:

I can take a pic of it and you can decide if you still want it.

Re: the hitch modifications and rollers, I had Roger (4crawler) do the work. I have the U-haul hitch as well. I got the rollers here.

Edited by XPLORx4

I would love to make it.

Now, if someone can just convince RIT to change the academic schedule so that Gone doesn't fall during Finals Week, convince the New York Lottery to draw my numbers on the Pick 6, and convince my family that driving 2700 miles each way to go wheeling for a week is, in fact, a good idea, then, sure, I'll be there. :lol:

If there werent so many things $#&%ed up on my Pathy, I'd do it. We should have a "fix sakana's pathy" fund....

You know, figure out WTF that knocking noise up front is, get me a working speedometer/odometer, get me a lift, etc.

If there werent so many things $#&%ed up on my Pathy, I'd do it. We should have a "fix sakana's pathy" fund....

You know, figure out WTF that knocking noise up front is, get me a working speedometer/odometer, get me a lift, etc.

Guys, it's not like this event is next week. It's 5 months away! That should be enough time for many of you to plan your time off, save money, and get your trucks ready. You don't need to have 6" of lift and huge tires to participate, you know. There are plenty of great trails in Moab that a stock, or near-stock R50 can handle.

Well no need to worry about that knocking noise, its mysteriously gone after some crazy trails. Now I definitely have wobble in the steering.

I'll SEE about going, I can definitely take off from work, but its more of a funding thing :\

ah for some reason gmail thought you were spam, i got your email tho.

both sides look good, when you said dent i thought you meant like a huge one, those pieces are in a lot better shape then mine.. how much are you lookin at getting them for?

Thanks!

Edited by nissandoms47

You know what would be nice, if this werent 2100 miles from my house. How many tanks of gas / days do you think that is? To me, it seems like 3 days / 10 refills of gas each way to me.

2100 miles / 65 mph avg = ~32 hours, which includes breaks for food and gas

2100 miles / 18mpg = 116 gal * 2.25/gal = $262

116 gal / ~19gal/tank = 6 fillups