Grille/brush Guardfor 97 Pathfinder

strykeone

I recently purchased another pathfinder, a 97 xe sport with 128,000km on it. It's very sweet.

Just looking for a brush guard right now, preferably something that is simple looking and clean. I have no idea where to look, haven't found much on the internet.

Also what do you guys think about powder coated black rims to go with my black running boards and black brush guard?

Everyone here is going to bug you about it and demand that you get a new bumper....

BUT...

My 97 XE Sport came without one, and I found some that bolt right onto the bumper, rather than the frame, for less than $200 shipped on ebay...

dsc00656eu6oz3.jpg

Oh sure, the second I drop the price from $220 to $200 I find this thread... This is a Manik, I think its the best looking of the brush guards available for the R50 96-99 models. It also happens to be one of the more expensive to buy new, but I personally had a different model from 4x4parts (Automotive Customizers) and had to return it because of poor fitment and shaking. I've sense gotten a Manik on both my 97 and 98 QX4s and they are nice. And yes, you will be made fun of here cause this is a "hard-core off-road" forum which means only custom solid steel 140lb $1,000 replacement bumpers are considered cool, lol. But a brush guard eats up shopping carts, holds off-road lights, and looks cool to 95% of the population.

537018234_manik.jpg

And yes, both those links posted above are mine, I am around most of the R50 forums as you can tell.

Edited by MichiganAve

And im my opinion, a brush guard handles most things that you could need it to besides a winch. They defenatially handle brush better than the bullbars avabiable because the mostly all come with headlight protection and mine and the one that michiganave are selling, have the little grates infront of the headlights which really help keep brush and sticks out of the bars offroad. They really help the from scratching up the front of your truck, just the sides :P

So you gotta ask yourself, when you are on the trail, how much brush are you coing to come across? Because that is what a brush guard is ment to handle, and how many bulls are you going to come across? Because they can handle a bull (but i usually just blow my horn when bulls are in my way)

only custom solid steel 140lb $1,000 replacement bumpers are considered cool, lol.

I'm cool dammit!!

LOL, I only warn people, that if you jam one of those suckers into the rocks, it will flex, and possibly hit your fenders & dent them... it happens.

Go on ebay and look for one, they're $200 shipped, and you put it together yourself fairly easily, it takes two people to put it on (one to hold it up, another to drop the bolts in). Just bolts into the bumper in 4 places.

If you wanna go ebay, I'd be careful if its not a Waag or Manik. The cheaper one I had previously shook dangerously as I drove due to a horrible mounting design with 4 bolts (I could literally move the bar by hand about 3"). The Manik uses 2x M12 bolts, 4x M10 bolts, and has an upper support bracket with 2x 1/4" bolts- all these are stock mounting points. I've never owned a Waag, but I think a few people around here told me it was decent before I went with the Manik. Good luck, Derrick

Edited by MichiganAve