What relay

4x4le

What relay and more specificially what prong on that relay acceps the + current when the brights are turned on? Also, is there any where that sells jumpers or something that can be used as a jumper, or how can i make a jumper, so that I can run a wire from that relay to a universal relay and have the stock relay in place like it should be from the factory with the exception of a wire running by it. Im wanting to highjack the current but let it still do its job and am not wanting to make a bunch of male and female wire sections like i did on the foglight relay mod (unless I can get the current from that relay which I already have turned upside down.) After I get the current, Im going to send it to a universal relay and then send it to the one that powers my offroad lights. I like using them at night along with my brights, but hate having to dim my brights and then sit down my dip bottle and flip the other switch. But I also like using them sometimes with just me low beams and sometimes with just my foglights because they cut through fog so much better than my headlights and dont blind you like highbeams due to the way that they project the light and the way their positioned. But if I dont add the second relay, The highbeams would be turned on each time I fliped the dash switch.......Just so I dont get a bunch of questions lol. Just need 1 answer. Please help me out!!! Its too cold lately to check around for myself with a volt meter, Im hoping someone knows, that way I can make any wires I need inside and prepare what I need along with a game plan in the nice heat and throw it together In 1 minute outside.

Oh, I have a 2000 for those who didnt know

Thanks!

My solution to your problem was just to tap the hi-beam wire at the right-side headlight connector.

See the relays mounted on the body, next to the orange battery? One of them is hooked up to the factory hi-beam wire, and it sends a signal to my aux lights.

dualbatteries.jpg

that dual battery is whats nice! I have the "crappy" red top. lol

I love it and its better than any battery ive ever used but man, you go all the way with the deep cycle and a nother slim battery as if the blue top wasnt enough lol. I guess Ill just mess around and see if any of the prongs on the relay I got turned upsidedown gets + current when the highbeams are on, I think one of them do because when I had it wired wrong, one of my brights came on....i think. but that is sorta the relay setup im looking for. actually, I think that that is the relay I use already, i just need another one.