places to wheel

94extreme

Hey MZ, you forget Harlan County, KY?

BTW, NOAS is going in Feb. again

yeah and that's because it's in SE KY and i figured it probably really is in the South.. but i'll put up a link to that place too.. it was freaking awesome.

when i feb are NOAS going? any other trips there in the spring? i am not sure if i'll be able to in feb as i already have all feb. weekends booked.

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
Interlake Property to be Open for Use August 23, 2008

The Indiana Department of Natural Resources (DNR) property, Interlake, located in Warrick and Pike Counties in southern Indiana near Lynnville will be officially open for year round use Saturday, August 23. This multi-use property is one of only two DNR owned property that permits off-road vehicle (ORV) use. Horseback riding, mountain biking, boating, hiking, fishing, hunting, trapping, and dog training are other uses allowed on site. The operating hours will be sunrise to sunset.

Property rules will be posted at four entrances:

South entrance (main entrance) - State Road 68 (east of Lynnville)

North entrance - County Road 1200 South (Pike County, south of Spurgeon)

West entrances – County Road 1300 South (Pike-Warrick county line)

Clutter Road (Warrick County)

Parking is permitted along roadsides and at the Marion parking lot (adjacent to the north entrance road).

No on site amenities are currently provided, however, a master planning process is in progress to identify future property development. Public meetings will be announced soon.

Persons who visit Interlake are required to follow all DNR property rules. Vehicles and horses are not permitted on marked reclaimed areas. Additionally, no camping, no open fires, Carry In Carry Out supplies and waste. All vehicles must be properly registered and equestrians must comply with bridle tags rules. Interlake is a day use property; use this property at your own risk.

Special Events for 2008

All laws pertaining to permitted activities apply, including the DNR property regulations.

September 20 - Work date for Charity Ride

September 21, 2008 - St. Judes Charity Ride (gate fee for all users)

October 18, 19, 25, 26, 31, 2008 - Work days in preparation for upcoming event

November 1, 2008 - Toys-for-Tots Charity Ride (gate fee for all users)

http://www.in.gov/dnr/outdoor/2915.htm

woot! :aok:

• 11 months later...

There is a really awesome place with Trail ratings from one to five in SW MO. It is SMORR in Seymour, MO. I'll be heading down there soon and hope you guys can get there too. just google Seymour, mo off-road and it is the first or second selection. Happy trails

there is a link to their site in post 22 above.

let us know how it was after you return. pics would be nice too. :)

i was working on post 1 the other night and did notice i had no MO places up there.. we'll get-r-done here this week sometime.

• 5 months later...
  • 4 months later...

That looks pretty cool. Im moving to Arkansas in July so I'll have to check that out some time. Im not sure if AR is considered Midwest or but the superlift park in Hot Springs, AR is pretty sweet...

http://www.orvpark.com/

• 4 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 years later...
  • 2 years later...
  • 8 months later...

MICHIGAN: There are some pretty fun "unimproved county roads" around/in Yankee Springs Recreation Area in Barry County, Michigan. I can put a map with the 'roads' highlighted on here if anyone wants. I can do most of them in my stock QX4. That being said, there are some spots where I was probably pushing my luck, and quite a few mud holes I went around when I went after it had rained. The only things you need to go on is a Parks and Recreation Pass.