VA, Report!

vengeful

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Actually I have to be in Hot Springs, VA from Friday afternoon until Sunday afternoon for a College Republican convention at The Homestead. Hopefully I can find some spots up there to get a little wheelin in. I mentioned it over on VAXC and asked if anybody knew any spots, I think you were the only one who responded.

Not really looking forward to it. The president of our club is a short, feminine, gay guy who doesn't know what fun is. And since I'm Treasurer, I have to go. But thank god I'm sharing a room & a bed at The Homestead with this hot ass, GORGEOUS girl. :D:takebow: So this weekend should have it's high points. . . :P Anyway, hope we can find a weekend that works for everybody again, I'd love to explore that place even more. Maybe I'll even find some places to get dirty up there. I actually dont have one of those atlases you mentioned on VAXC, where do I get one?

Delorme's Atlas. I got mine from Extreme Outfitters on Va. Beach. Blvd, but I've also seen them at Target. I'd go there, the price will be the same. Pick up a North Carolina one while you're at it. Problem is, a lot of the roads (partcularly forest roads) that it shows are not open to vehicular access. The only way to find out is to visit them. They're good things to have though, any recreation activities are listed on it as well as topo/GPS grids/etc. It's like your typical Rand McNally without all the bullsh!t.

we still on for this weekend?

Paul I'm sorry man I'm not going to be able to make it...next week's my last week before finals start and I'm up to my a$$ in work. I'll let you know when I free up again. Maybe the following weekend? Brandon will be around then as well, I think :confused:

Yeah I have them too, but I think I could dissapear for a few hours to get muddy :D Might actually do me some good! The following week we're heading back up to CT for the holidays, then taking a trip somewhere...prob. be gone for 10 days or so...

Oh well, we'll get together sometime soon!

• 2 weeks later...

I actually finished up last night w/ my 4:30 class...I'm officially finished now!

I spent the day braving the crowds @ Military Highway Wal Mart and tartget, that was anything but fun :wacko: Still have a bit more X-Mas shopping to do.

Yeah, only reason I went there was because they had a particular sewing machine I wanted to buy for Mary (wife-unit)

Target across the street's not bad at all. The cashier actually said hi to me and asked if I found everything ok! **shock**

The one I vow NEVER to set a foot inside is undoubtably the one that's about to open on Little Creek Rd. When it does, though, hopefully the Military Highway one will empty a bit :confused:

How's your X-Mas shopping going?

It's goin pretty well, mostly online stuff :type:

That store will be awful, no doubt about it. I give it two years before it becomes like the K-Mart in front of it. I think the Norfolk Redevelopment Board needs to completely blow up Southern Shopping Center and Wards Corner and start over. Can you believe that Wards Corner in it's prime was considered the "Crossroads of the South"!!!What happened??????

That's ridiculous! What in the hell does Wards Corner/So. Shopping Center area have to offer? Crime? Filth?

I agree, the City needs to level the majority of those areas and start over. And get rid of some of those slum apt.'s while they're at it. I try to avoid that area like the plague :oops: