Keyless remote doing something strange...

ntwrkguy1

The keyless remote on my '97 SE is acting strange. The 'lock doors' and 'alarm' buttons work, but the 'unlock doors' button does not. However, the unlock door button had worked prior to last week.

I thought it might be the battery getting weak, so I threw in two new batteries. My results were the same -- the unlock door button still didn't work. I then even tried the reprogramming steps that I found when searching the archives. Again, everything but the unlock button worked.

Any thoughts? Or is it time for me to hit eBay for some new remotes?

Thanks,

Ntwrkguy1

If your power doorlocks inside the truck work then it is most likely that the contacts on you unlock button on your remote are messed up. Next time you see someone with nissan keys laying around steal them and take the remote off. Then throw the keys away. Take the remote and program it to your truck. If that works, steal someone elses keys and do the same. That way you have a back up.

And if your more honest of a person than me, yea, just hit up ebay.

this happened with my keyless remote. when you press the unlock button does it press down more then it usually would? it turns out in mine that the actual button inside the remote got disconnected from the solder or w/e and fell away from its seat. so if thats the case you gotta get a new remote.

this happened with my keyless remote. when you press the unlock button does it press down more then it usually would? it turns out in mine that the actual button inside the remote got disconnected from the solder or w/e and fell away from its seat. so if thats the case you gotta get a new remote.

yep, this is what happened to my cousins 98 keyless remote. the button has 4 solder points at each corner (the button sits in a square housing). An easy solder job if youve soldered before.

When I press the unlock button down, it does depress a little more than usual. I looked at the soldering on the contacts, and it looked fine. What's strange is that both of the remotes I have are doing the same thing with the unlock button.

It's probably time to hit up eBay!

If your power doorlocks inside the truck work then it is most likely that the contacts on you unlock button on your remote are messed up. Next time you see someone with nissan keys laying around steal them and take the remote off. Then throw the keys away. Take the remote and program it to your truck. If that works, steal someone elses keys and do the same. That way you have a back up.

And if your more honest of a person than me, yea, just hit up ebay.

Thanks for making my Monday -- this response had me laughing out loud!