Carolina Check-in

unccpathfinder

yea...im really pissed i didnt get to go...i keep on getting done then i screw something up or something breaks...im moving in less than 2 months and i've got to have it running...right now i have to finish fixing the gages/finish installing the lift on the front end/and the timing...then i am loosing pressure in the clutch somewhere but screw that if i pump the pedal up b4 i drive it its fine...i've gotta get her back on the road...but once i get her ready i'll hit u with a PM and maybe we can find some mud to get into...

• 1 year later...
I know this one hasn't been touched in a while but im in the mathews/ITL part of Charlotte NC. I've got an R50 LE 4wd Pathy .

I work in the Matthews area, maybe once Uwharrie opens up in April we can try to get a few others from the area to head up for a day or a weekend.

I work in the Matthews area, maybe once Uwharrie opens up in April we can try to get a few others from the area to head up for a day or a weekend.

Myself and a few other guys from a local Xterra club will be at OBX this weekend.

As tempting as it sounds my budget won't let me do it on short notice. It would be about an 800 mile round trip for me depending on what part of obx you're going to.

I do have a question tho, what type of tires do you use there? My mom is retiring in April and moving from CA to MI and would like to make a side trip there if time allows.

You can use street tires there if you exercise common sense. Stay away from the red sand and be easy on skinny pedal when accelerating from a stop. That's really all there is to it. It's a great place to visit for a day and drive the beaches on. Bring a small grill and have a little cookout on the sand as well!

We'll be in Corolla, north of the major tourist points further south.