When Installing the CV axles.....

Okay so I've read Dean's write-up and others on R&Ring the CV axles e.g. watching for the thrust washer, brake lines, etc. (I also downloaded the Service Manual for my rig) Is there anything else I have to watch for? I'll be putting on Warn Manual Hubs as well.

I was also wondering about the whole re-greaseing the CV axle.

What parts do I have to grease and what kind of grease? (any multi-purpose)

Any "Special" tools I need? I have snap-ring pliers already.

Please any advice would be greatly appreciated as I will rip into it this weekend. Oh yeah, how much time should I estimate for a first time try?

:confused:

Unless you're rebuilding the CV axle, you shouldn't need to apply grease anywhere on it. The CV joints should already be greased and sealed by CV boots.

Why are you replacing the CV axles? Are the boots torn?

Why are you replacing the CV axles? Are the boots torn?

Oh, well they've been torn for quite a while and they finally grenaded on me recently 4bying at Anza-borrego. It must have been all those washes we ran through (most of the runs). Anyway they made some loud grinding noises and at full lock it became even worst.

I just replaced mine and it took me about an hour. I just took the three bolts off that connect the A arm to the frame and it slid out super easy.

It takes me about an hour too, but mine dont slide out super easy, Your lucky man!!

My advice is to make sure and strech befor your do it, you wont be out anything but maybe 3 minutes lol

Um, lets see not sure what trail we took from S22 down to Pumkin patch but we also did 17 palms, 5 palms (?) and maybe 1 palm (not sure I mean it was just 1 palm) LOL :)~ We probably were doing a bunch of trials just to get to pumkin patch. I was with a 4x4 club so they were leading and I was tagging along.