What aftermarket wheel will Warn hubs clear?

Avus Blur

Hi all,

Ive been noticing that my front tires are starting to get a little low on tread. Upon thinking about what tires to get, I figured now would also be a good chance to buy some new wheels as well. All my experience with vehicles is from the M3 and I dont have a clue as to what companies make decent truck wheels. (Any pointers here would be great.)

Anyways I dont plan to do a bunch of stuff to my Pathfinder since it will be my daily when I sell my A4. The only real mod I had in minde was a set of Warn hubs to keep the drive train around a little longer. That got me thinking about if the Warn hubs would effect what wheels I could get.

So far I just started looking at American Racing wheels because I have heard of them before. Basically Im just after looks, but if these wheels are cheap, Ill look elsewhere. Im not looking to dump more that 1200-1500 on wheels/tries, the less the better.

Here are the wheels Im looking at right now.

b1085.jpg

AR-1085

b172.jpg

AR-172

Im undecided on whether to get 16" or 15" wheels. I would prefer bigger, but it doesnt really matter I guess.

Lastly are tires. I thought these yokohamas looked cool.

GeolandarAT+2.jpg

Geolandar AT+2. My buddy has them on his Sierra and he said he had good milage on his last set. On top of that, I think they look cool.

Im gonna give American a call and maybe Warn, I was just hoping I could get pointed in the right direction here. I searched some on the above subjects, just didnt find many answers.

Thanks a lot for any help.

Any rim that will fit your pathfinder stock will fit the warn hub too. Dont just look to see that they have the same lug pattern, make sure that they specify in their book that they will fit a pathfinder of your year and you will be good.

Any rim that will fit your pathfinder stock will fit the warn hub too. Dont just look to see that they have the same lug pattern, make sure that they specify in their book that they will fit a pathfinder of your year and you will be good.

Cool that helps out a lot. For some reason I just figured that the hubs would be larger than stock.

Are American Racing wheels decent? They seem to be affordable and look nice, but I dont want something that will bend easily or have a cheap finish that will wear off.

Careful that they fit over the REAR brakes too...I picked up a set of rims from a 92 Pathy to mount my snow tires on...When I picked them up I checked the front,and they fit fine! But the rears DONT! the bolt pattern is fine,and the centre hole is fine but they hit the drums!

I never would have believed the rears would be a problem?? :confused:

Are American Racing wheels decent? They seem to be affordable and look nice, but I dont want something that will bend easily or have a cheap finish that will wear off.

Do you like my wheels? They are cheep as hell and strong. Powder coated and chrome. And cheep as hell through summitt racing. But something like 50lbs apiece!

Do you like my wheels? But something like 50lbs apiece!

From what I can see from that pic, they look pretty cool. But 50lbs! The wheels on my M3 are like 20~22 lbs, so that is a huge jump. Plus those tires have to weigh a lot as well. All this truck stuff is new to me.

avus - when i was recently researching tires, i was told that the geolander at +2 was being discountinued. the tires were still available, but with no mileage warrantee, so i went in another direction.

anyone else - i am also thinking of eventually going to the warn manual hubs, but wanted to stay with my stock se wheels. is the center bore big enough for this upgrade? if new wheels or modification is necessary i will probably just forget it.

they are a us wheel black mod, It didnt say thier weight but they have a load capactiy: 2200 lbs apiece. Maybe with that someone could say if that sounds righ (like dean or dan) They didnt feel that heavy now that i think about it but my arms are like pythons! Baby pythons :sniff:

• 6 months later...

I know this is a relatively old thread, but I too am now looking aggressively for new wheels for my 97 SE.

Here are the ones I'm looking at currently:

U.S. Wheel 94 Series

The quick specs:

15x7

6x5.5in bolt pattern

+12mm offset

4.5in backspacing

4.28in center bore diameter

By reading this thread I can see that (in theory) these bad boys will fit.

I'm all set to buy them but I want your expert opinions on them. FYI, I'm not planning on putting huge tires on them....some stock size/profile tires will do as it's just my wife's DD.

I have some specific questions:

-What size lug nuts do I need? I could go home and measure, but I want to order them ASAP since the tires she's on now are almost bald :(

-How far will they stick out (given the +12mm offset)?

-Will I need hubcentric adapters?

-Will the (much) heavier weight be an issue when braking (stopping distance) or gas mileage is concerned?

Thanks in advance for the help, guys. One year later and I'm still a truck/SUV/4WD NOOB!!!!!!!!

Edited by AssBeard

I'm curious how much the 15" steelies weigh as well. I wasn't ever smart enough to go weigh them when I had 5 sitting in my garage...they've all got tires on them now. Doesn't seem to be published either.

If you are going to be off-roading I would go with steel. Either way I went with 15" steel rims. The tires are way cheaper for 15" vs 16 or 17 plus I figured why trash an expensive set of aluminum in the boonies. With steel a shot of Rustoleum and you are good to go. With 15" steel rims the weight is not all that more compared with larger aluminum. Might gain an extra 10-12 lbs at best.

Edited by RWC5S2