front end messed up

nissandoms47

The fronts of R50s seem to crumple up even if its parked and a kid rides a bike into it. I bumped a guardrail trying to not hit a minivan, and the bumper bent, the body bent, the parking light shattered, and so did the headlight.

Time for a cheap-ass brush guard :> After losing *another* corner light, I decided its time to do something, found a TON for $200 shipped on ebay.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Nissan-Hard...sspagenameZWDVW

The fronts of R50s seem to crumple up even if its parked and a kid rides a bike into it.

Welcome to the wornderfull world of crash zones (they have other names too, not all so nice :lol: )

Designed to do it to reduce the amount of shock to the passengers in an accident.

But they don't help offroad nor do they help the bank account much :sniff:

The fronts of R50s seem to crumple up even if its parked and a kid rides a bike into it. I bumped a guardrail trying to not hit a minivan, and the bumper bent, the body bent, the parking light shattered, and so did the headlight.

Time for a cheap-ass brush guard :> After losing *another* corner light, I decided its time to do something, found a TON for $200 shipped on ebay.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Nissan-Hard...sspagenameZWDVW

That reminds me when I rearended someone in mine when i first got it. Shoot, I dont think I ever told any of yall that! Well I opened my mouth now. Someone slammed on their brakes in front of me at a stopsign that was backed up and had a huge line. He had to have done it on purpose (brake check) because I was real close to him, but we were barely moving! Nothing happened in front of him to warrent the sudden stop and I didnt react in time and my front end looked like I hit a brick wall and All I did was tear his cover on his rear tire carrier. That was my origional reason for getting a brush guard. I figured it would have bent the brushguard but would have been repariable or replacable cheeper than my hood, lights, grille, and bumper. Stupid heep driver! He tried to blame the red scuffs on his rear bumper on me! Also makes me think he did it on purpose.

Nothing structural was messed up, Not my real bumper, hood latch, nothing, just the big bubble of cosmetics on the front of these things.

Why couldnt you have been so lucky?

oh and dont ask for pics, my insurance company is the only people with them. I didnt want to remember this. Thanks for reminding me!