Well, it's available...but should it be done

turbopath

I've got a company willing to stamp out 10 sets of R50 coils somewhere between 3.5-4 inch lifting depending on the general consensus. The price would be about 360 a set. (or just 400 if it's just me...so not much savings there I guess) Obviously you're going to have to drop your own diff etc and figure out camber... I'm also looking for a longer strut. The more I get into this the more I think option 2 is better. 1100 bucks and you get a fully adjustable coilover setup for all four with appropriate struts. "Some fabrication required" for the rear install. Is it even worth it? I'm really not a fan of block style lifts and would rather have it all be in the suspension.

4" lift coils in the front would completely max out the struts and your truck would ride horribly.

If you could find or make custom struts, and you dropped the diff, I don't see any reason why it couldn't be done.

You'd also want longer shocks in the rear to account for the higher ride height.

I'm interested in finding out more about what you know about the Coilover option. Send me a PM or post up.

What do you want to know? The guy has been making custom coilovers for a while. Basically I'd have to let him have his way my pathfinder for a few weeks and he would produce something sexy that looks like this. http://www.honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=1659160&page=1

I'll be able to get longer struts for the coils, but getting the same range of motion will be difficult. Looks like it will be a can of worms, but could have good results.

Yeah...Those are scary!

I contacted Proflex Suspensions a while back. They make the suspension for the Dakar Rally R50s. I inquired about custom coilovers and gave them the specs I wanted. I was quoted $3,000US for a pair of fronts.

shocks.jpg

That's what you'd get though...and those are SEXY.

I'd be in for this if we can figure it out. Hell, I'd sell the things with my kit if it worked. :beer:

Couple questions:

Are these entirely custom? If so, we should get him to design it around a more common spring so rather than getting custom ones, we can simply buy a spring that's already made, of they could even be adjusted using the threaded section and used with stock/ome/ac springs. Can he make the "exact" stock strut but 4" longer?

Very interested!

Yeah...Those are scary!

I contacted Proflex Suspensions a while back.  They make the suspension for the Dakar Rally R50s.  I inquired about custom coilovers and gave them the specs I wanted.  I was quoted $3,000US for a pair of fronts. 

shocks.jpg

That's what you'd get though...and those are SEXY.

:o Ho...ly.....Chit! Dakar Racing huh? I agree those look damn sexy s19.gif

Now I wonder how wide those springs are? (the DAkar ones and the AMR's) cause they look 'skinnier' wouldn't that mean we wouldn't have to worry about the rubing issues with wider tires?

you can't compare to those AMR pics though as they are for a little car. Those things are fricken awesome though. 3k huh. Someday when I win the lottery maybe. (too bad there isn't a lottery in utah.)

Edited by turbopath

Now that we have the 4" drop brackets coming from Prado the options are relatively endless. I personally am planning on just using some AC coils in front and rear with approximately 3" strut spacers, aiming for 5" lift in front and rear with minimal angle on the CVs. I would prefer longer coils in all corners but I already got brand new AC coils and that certainly is easier than waiting on custom coils.