Mitsubishi Montero

Land Rover LR3

2007 Toyota FJ Cruiser

Land Rover Range Rover

Jeep Grand Cherokee

Land Rover Range Rover Sport

Lexus LX 470

Lexus GX 470

Maybe its a Typo and they ment to say Top 10 Leased SUV's????

I wonder what the Lease company would say when I brought it back in????

Cheapest one on there is the Bishi... but whos got 35k to piss away???

Of course, just as few people who buy a 200-mph car actually intend to drive it that fast,

Ummmm, If I buy/build a car that will go 200mph, your dam right im going to drive it that fast where feasable.... Why else would someone spend that kind of coin???? Cause they are STUPID???

Forbes...so basically they hop a curb at 1.5mph in 4-lo and decide that these rigs are the most impressive and trail worthy.

Fcuk that!

Forbes Magazine subscribers.

In other words, affluent, white, suburbanite, yuppies...

No sh!t!!

I recovered one of those Lexus Land Cruiser clones from the median of the interstate in 7" of snow last winter. The friggin idiot didn't understand that only a few vehicles have 4-wheel-drive, but all vehicles have 4-wheel-stop, and that just because you have 4-wheel-DRIVE, it doesn't mean you can stop on ice!

I dont know many Lexus owners who would imagine driving off road.

That's what most people say about us! Go lurk on ih8mud.com and you'll see there are quite a few mid 90s Lexus Land Cruiser's being used very, very well by thier owners. They get the same crap we get from heepers... and then drive right past (over?) them.

This is a great thread:

http://forum.ih8mud.com/showthread.php?t=57788

m.

Most are great, but there are better choices.

Where's the &^%*@$# Wrangler????

Xterra should have been on there instead of RR Sport.

Touareg should have been on there instead of H2.

4Runner or Liberty should have been there instead of JGC. The WK Grand Cherokee sits too low.

:huh: all i have to say is the person/s who wrote that article need to be bitch slapped and hung out a 20 story window by their ankles.... and then asked again what type of "off roading/wheeling" these vehicles were "tested" ......

One thing to remember about Lexus SUV's, they are desinged on and by Toyota... who's rigs have proven themselves over and over again.

I know you will all hate me for this, but oh well.. go ahead, now hit me all the reasons I am "wrong" :lol: *it's not a yota board... so I expect it :aok:

i am not knocking the lexus. i KNOW they are capable off road.. but c'mon... we're talkin $40k PLUS suv's here..... and i would take a VW toureg ANY DAY over any of those suv's listed....... :bow:

but c'mon... we're talkin $40k PLUS suv's here.....

Not argueing that one bit... not arguing anthing infact ;)

And I agree... in IMO a large portion of today's SUV, will not see any real offroad use for years to come... most who by them would not risk losing 40+K to get a little dirty :nono: