Pathfinder's gone, replaced with a...

OR99.5Speed

The Pathfinder's been gone for a few weeks now, sad to see it go. Lots of memories but lots of problems (mea culpa :hide: )

Let it go for $6,000. It needed four new valve seals and a few other items, like front pads, tires, and shocks.

I don't need an SUV, and I'm a BMW guy to the core, so I got the best-made BMW ever, the E34.

1995 BMW 525iA

103k miles

MINT condition.

It's a two-owner car that is stunningly well-maintained, owned by a wealthy BMW enthusiast. It's an automatic, and it's not very quick, but it's a very nice, mature cruiser. I love it!

899242482-2.jpg

899242483.jpg

907939833.jpg

899242496.jpg

921097622.jpg

957719288.jpg

Thanks guys (and girl! :P )

Believe it or not, this thing will be about $1,300 in maintenance a year. They're really solid cars, and I didn't' really want a 2-door 3 Series because that model 1992-1998 isn't very-well built. I just love European stuff. Hell, I'm even taking German next year!

I'll miss the Pathfinder, it was a fun truck. :aok::D

By the way, here is what it will pretty much look like in a year. This one has a BavAuto DTM lip, lowered on H&R Sports/Konis, and with 17" BBS Style 5 wheels (found on 1998-2001 528/525 Sports).

garage1lm6.jpg

garage2bv1.jpg

I grew up loving these. In their time they were the ride to have. NICE!

Haha, very nice! ;)

I like older cars myself. New cars are nice, but it's refreshing to drive a car designed with clay and pen and paper. :D

:clap: nice find! yeah.. the pathy was not "you".. sweet beamer and i hope it's good to you. :cool2:

Thanks so much Slick! Best of luck with your twins! I mean the Pathfinders! :P

I'll still poke in to offer some advice once in a while.

B)

I do like the M5s of that era though...man those things were sexy.

Ahh, the E34 M5. Last of the handbuilt Ms. You're redeeming yourself, Dan.

S38 3.6L I6, 311 hp.

Here's a friend's '91:

M5Rearlicense.jpg

FrontM5Driver.jpg

M5PassSideStr2.jpg

A few things...

I absolutely LOATHE anything remotely ricey. Any body mods to this car will be either the M-Parallels pictured on that M5 or BBS Style 5s on that Arctic Grey 525i pictured. Maybe the black M5 plate filler, and an M5 lip spoiler. I also like the front lip on the silver M5 pictured. That's all waaay down the road.

These cars just need a good suspension/classy wheel setup and they look great.

The only Mercedes I would buy with my own money is the flying-wedge CLK. ('98-'02) Very sexy indeed.

E34s have the best lines, period.

Grim Greg, you're talking about the E39s. Gorgeous car too, but a lot more Lexus-like. WAAAY down the road I may do an E39 M5. B)

There are a few on the boards with Alpina B10 Bi-Turbos. Gorgeous. I think they're imported from Japan due to crazy taxes. They're legal in Canada but not in the U.S. Such a sexy car. :bow:

About the 850: My friend's dad has an Orient Blue (midnight blue) 1997 850i. It's in perfect condition and has only 26k miles! Of course, I can only look at it...it stays in the garage and goes out only on gorgeous days.

Thanks! ;)

Edited by OR99.5Speed

Thanks guys (and girl! :P )

Believe it or not, this thing will be about $1,300 in maintenance a year. They're really solid cars, and I didn't' really want a 2-door 3 Series because that model 1992-1998 isn't very-well built. I just love European stuff. Hell, I'm even taking German next year!

I'll miss the Pathfinder, it was a fun truck. :aok::D

Dude, do the PM yourself! The Bentley manuals are works of art, and BMW's are designed to make the maintenance as simple as possible. I doubt I spend over $300 per year on our 3, and I do follow the BMW PM schedule. Over the years, I've done level 1 and 2 PM's on E30, E32, E36, and E39 models and can say they have been among the EASIEST vehicles to work on I've ever found... :aok:

Or, if you don't plan to keep it over 250K miles, you can follow another typical manufactuters' maintenance schedules and not do 90% of the things BMW recommends. BMW's don't NEED any more maintenance than any others (I'd argue they actually need less) to last a given amount of time, but BMW figures a car should last at least 500K miles (not 100 or 200K) so they define a PM schedule that will let the car do it.

Their only achilles heels are the automatic transmissions in the older cars as BMW kinda gave them the same priority as cup holders... (VAT? Vy vould you vant a cup holder? You should be driving, not drinking!!!) (VAT? Vy vould you vant an automatic transmission? You should be driving, and shifting is a basic part of that!!!) Unfortunately, their reliability has proven to be only about the same as other manufacturers. Plan to replace every 150K miles or so.

Dude, do the PM yourself! The Bentley manuals are works of art, and BMW's are designed to make the maintenance as simple as possible. I doubt I spend over $300 per year on our 3, and I do follow the BMW PM schedule. Over the years, I've done level 1 and 2 PM's on E30, E32, E36, and E39 models and can say they have been among the EASIEST vehicles to work on I've ever found... :aok:

Or, if you don't plan to keep it over 250K miles, you can follow another typical manufactuters' maintenance schedules and not do 90% of the things BMW recommends. BMW's don't NEED any more maintenance than any others (I'd argue they actually need less) to last a given amount of time, but BMW figures a car should last at least 500K miles (not 100 or 200K) so they define a PM schedule that will let the car do it.

Their only achilles heels are the automatic transmissions in the older cars as BMW kinda gave them the same priority as cup holders... (VAT? Vy vould you vant a cup holder? You should be driving, not drinking!!!) (VAT? Vy vould you vant an automatic transmission? You should be driving, and shifting is a basic part of that!!!) Unfortunately, their reliability has proven to be only about the same as other manufacturers. Plan to replace every 150K miles or so.

Very nice mws! I remember you have a gorgeous E46CiC...

You are absolutely correct on all accounts, I couldn't agree with you more. Especially on the Bentley manual. I still need to pick one up for this car.

I have an E30 and an E28 out in Montana that I really miss too. Those cars just keep going and going and going. :D

You're correct about the auto tranny too. It's getting the fluid and filter changed now, and hopefully it will go to 150k. By then I'll have enough disposable income to swap a manual in and drive it another 150k.

I plan on keeping this car FOREVER! It's a timeless design.

And the lack of cupholders really pisses me off, but it keeps me from eating in the car!