2" AC Lift, Ride Comfort?

Okay im about to break down and get the AC 2" Lift and some shinny new Rims. What i want to know is how does the AC lift ride. I want a stiffer ride than stock but i dont want a mini dump truck. What are your reviews on the lift.

PS I tried to look in past posts but couldn’t find anything on the ride comfort.

Tks

P. Rookie

Holy bananas! Where have you been!? Welcome back, good to see ya, etc etc.

Right now, my truck rides like poo, but that's because my rear shocks are shot, and my bushings are, well...nearly nonexistant.

When I first got the lift, I loved it. It was great. Stiff, but not too stiff. Still had great dampening and it wasn't a rough ride at all.

The bushings have 120,000 miles of salt, dirt and abuse on them. They're worn out.

I am 100% completely happy that I bought the lift, and do not regret it a bit.

It is highly recommended that you replace the shocks and struts at the same time, as well as the strut mounts, bearings, etc.

You'll also need to get 2 sets of the Camber Adjustment bolts to get the front end back in alignment.

I ended up spending about $800 when all was said and done on parts.

'Camber Adjustment bolts' thats something new to me. Is this another item im going to have to get from the U.S. or can i just go to my local auto parts store. Im Really curious about this now, think im going to hit the net and see what i can find. And i just put new shocks in the back so im good that way and for the front, ill have to see about my $$ situation. Whos the manufacture of the Camber Adjustment bolts you got?

They're manufactured by Ingalls. They're called the FastCAM alignment bolts. AC sells them, and they're all of $35 a set. They won't effect your shipping costs at all. You can also have them mark the package as Made In USA to avoid Duties. :)

LOL a Mini Van? I snap when people call my truck that. thats what i like to hear, i want a ride like a truck. And Vengful i looked at those Camber Adjustment Bolts you mentioned, and added them to my cart... which now stands at $420 (coincidence? dont think so :D ) but by what ive read and heard about these lifts i dont think ill be disappointed. Thanks Guys. Any more advice or cautions are welcomed.

Yeah, mine seemed a bit more truck like when I got the lift... but wasnt much of an adjustment to get used to the change... (although, I used to drive a 15 year old truck before the pathy... haha... )

Even after the lift, my truck was the plushest riding car I've ever owned. My current Rabbit has 660lb-in/480lb-in coilovers front/rear, my former DSM had close to the same. The Spring rates for the AC lift are approximately 220lb/in front and 160lb/in rear.

The stocks are 155lb/in front and 115lb/in rear.

I did the A/C lift and went with Bilstein Shocks and Rancho struts. Better ride on the street but still good off road. You will still bottom out on speed bumps but that is the only drawback. The stock system was not much better over those types of bumps.

Ya Im really looking foward to this lift. Keep hearing and reading good things. I tryied doing a search on the forum to see if i have to get new front struts, but i keep getting an error. I was introduced to a auto parts place that are able to get me a set of KYB at $100 a pop. Do I need new struts cause my old ones aren't tbad, i just dont know if they will thake the new coils. Im trying to keep this all under $1000 if i could, trying to save some money, but i dont want to wreck my truck of my new investment. Any thoughts.

Tks. P. Rookie

If your current struts still have life in them (i.e. you don't have that many miles on your ride), then they will work just fine with the new coil springs. The main reason why it's recommended to replace the struts and coils simultaneously is to save on labor. (Strut replacement or springs replacement is basically the same amount of work.)

The one extra part that you should replace, even if you keep your struts are OK, is the strut bearing, one on each side.

Failure to replace worn strut bearings will result in popping/clunking sounds while turning.

Tire Rack carries the KYB at $70 each and AC sells them for $80.

How many miles do you have on your struts? I suggest replacing them if they're not very new to save on labor. Also, you will definitely want to replace the strut bearings, and probably the strut mounts as well.

Edit: Wow, that was wierd, Dean and I made nearly the same post at the same time....

Labor is no cost other than time to me, I do all my own service and repairs. So im not worried in that way. As for those strut bearings, I need the drivers side defiantly, it is going, I can hear it. Im going to have to remake the strut mount my self cause their $104 (the cheapest and it doesn’t come with the bearing, like WTF!), ill just have to weld a pipe where the bearing sits cause its worn out on one side. Just like Justins (96PathfinderSe) Well thats the plan but ill see once i got them off. The Struts have about 60-70000 km on them. And Yes great minds do think alike, and NPORA proves that. Lol. 768236_36.jpg