reverse light switch on manual tranny

mishikwest

The reverse lights on my 94' V6 are very intermittent...sometimes they even flash like crazy when going in reverese. It's behaving like a cruddy/out of adjustment switch or contacts. Anyone know off the top of their head where the revese light switch is? Manual tranny.

thx

Edited by mishikwest

It's mounted to the tranny, right near the transfer case....way up high if I remember correctly. Check the connections, though, as I had a problem with mine a while back, and I just disconnected, sprayed with electrical cleaner, and reconnected. All was well.

It's mounted to the tranny, right near the transfer case....way up high if I remember correctly.  Check the connections, though, as I had a problem with mine a while back, and I just disconnected, sprayed with electrical cleaner, and reconnected.  All was well.

Good advise in cleaning the electrical contacts first, see if that fixes the problem. Otherwise getting at that reverse swith is not easy. I tried everything to get it out, I had no wrench in my large selection of tools, nor could I think of one I had ever seen. It is a very tight spot to get into with a wrench. I gave up and took it to a shop. I picked up a new switch from a UAP/NAPA store. Good luck.

Edited by keithb7