Proper rims for my 03 Pathfinder

RWC5S2

Hello all. I have a 2003 Pathfinder that I did a 3" lift on. I have the stock alloy type 16" rims that will only allow a 30" tire or the strut tower will rub. I would like to go 31" or 32" but need new rims that are offset so the Strut tower does not rub the tires. Being an old fart and new to the 4X4 world I need serious help so I do not make some major blunder. Also, will other vehicle rims ie; Toyota, Ford whatever, fit the Nissan. I have 6 lug nut rims. Thanks in advance for any help.

hey RWC, there's a few threads on here about tires and how big can you go, etc...

according to this thread here you can get 31's and such w/o changing your rims...possibly bigger since you have a lift...but it says that you need rims with backspacing if you want to go bigger. i'm sure the more knowledgeable folks will chime in =P

i wish i could help more, but i'm trying to keep mine somewhat stock =P

Edited by QuismO

chevy and yota 6 lugs would work...you would just have to make sure you dont get a rim smaller than 16" as a 15" wont fit because of the larger brakes on the newer pathys.

You can get some 16x8 rims from summitracing.com with 3.75 or 4" of backspacing to alot for some extra room to get a 31 or 32" tire in there.

**just a side note - where did you score a 3" lift??? Im assuming you mean the AC 2" lift which i assure you WILL settle, do you hae strut spacers?**

edit: noticed some of your other posts wanting to get some better gas mileage and inquiry into aftermarket airfilters...youve already destroyed your chances at both by a. buying a pathy LOL b. lifting it c. eventually putting a larger tire on it.

good luck and post some pics of your rig man.

Edited by max_stryker

No, 15's will fit on newer pathys. Im kicking myself for not getitng them. It is just an illusion that the stock 16 dosent offer much clearance between the brake and rim. My aftermarket 16s make my brakes look small. There are a couple guys around here with the new pathys with 15s. And make sure you dont try a stock chevy rim. the hub cut out will be too small. make sure you get a larger hub hole or you might have to get it machined bigger.

You can also get some plain black steel wheels... I have a set of 16” American Racing AR 767’s with a wider tire, and they work well... sorry I dont know the backspacing off hand.

Thanks much for the info you all provided. I got the lift from 4X4.com, supposed to be a 2" lift but it really did raise it over 3". I know it will settle some so I will be adding some strut spacers. That, and proper rims with bigger tires will get me up to a pretty decent height. The 30" tires I had got real small after the lift. I must have 6" of space left over so figured I should use some of it. Yes, I shall be careful not to get tires too big. Don't want to bottom them out and rip up all the plastic. Too bas Nissan made such a great off-road rig so much of a grocery getter with all the foo-foo junk. Oh well, everything is a trade off it seems.