Strut spacers...finally getting some made

tmorgan4

I finally decided it's time to have my parts guy make a run of the spacers. The thickest he can do with a nice cut is 3/8", so that is what they will be made from. They can be stacked to get the height you want. The spacers will be steel to cut down on cost, and I will probably ship them uncoated unless anyone wants paint/powercoat. There were a TON of people looking for these and I will probably have them made over the next weekend. Also, they will actually be 3/8", not like the RR spacers that claim to be 9/16" and show up are really 5/16". :D

I'll post pictures of the 1/4" ones he cut if anyone wants to see them first.

Rock road charges $19 for a PAIR, right?

Man you know your tempting me alot! :)

I think i would lean tward this a little more than the Big Lift, just cus of cost and simplisity. I would want the front level with the big lift so I would use my lift springs and i dont think i want my spring to rub. I think that this would be enough for me for now because it will make it look alot bigger due to it being level because i used to have spring boosters making it level and it looked alot bigger. Man im so redundant when im tired! eh

Anyways they would probably help my camber because it looks overcorrected anyways and if i felt rich some time i might still get a big lift and the spacers. How many do you have to sell?

$19 and 5/16" thick on the R.R. spacers. I think when you add these spacers it throws the camber off I have been driving mine around for about two months now and It has not settled enough to correct it. So after I get back from vacation I am going to get it aligned. I have the correcting bolts from A.C. so I just need to get it done.

a lot of my family work for the military and aeronautics/airline companies and have lots of access to metal fabrication facilities.

my uncle works at the MOC for United airlines doing metal fab work for the jetliners and says that he can make ANYTHING out of metal with the resources/tools that they have in the shop.

i'd really like to raise the front end a little with some spacers, but i don't have the dimensions. if someone can give me a drawing with the dimensions/specs of a spacer, i can draw it out in AutoCAD and give it to my uncle to make a few.

i'll be more than happy to try to make as many as possible if some of you need some...i'm not sure how many he can make at one time, maybe he has to space out his production "output" otherwise the shop might notice a significant drop in materials. then again, i don't know how strict they are, so maybe he can do a large amount hehe.

Aaron, thanks for trying to keep this in line. :P And Quismo, I have a drawing if you think you can get them done.

After talking with the guy who was going to cut them it looks like they'd be a little more expensive than I'd thought. He didn't have that much scrap 3/8" so I'd have to buy the material, and ship these HEAVY parts to me, and then off to whoever wants them. If anyone else thinks they can get them made cheaper I'm happy to provide the drawing since I wasn't planning on making nearly anything on them anyways.

Does anyone have a ac lift with befor and after pics of 1" strut spacers? Id love to see them! I took my truck offroading friday morning and by the trail that i went on i pretty much decided that i got as much lift that i need but maybe another inch in the front would keep me a little safer. I didnt bottem out over anything but im sure the approach angle could be a little better. I figure the thing i really need is a rear lsd or a locker! There was a point where i really had no where to turn around until i went up a hill that i just couldnt crawl up so i had to take it with some speed which scared me cus of i didnt want to hit the front bumper too hard or really at all on it. I didnt scrub on it at all but man it really made me want a lsd and strut spacers!!!! I also wonder if anyone has had cv issues with 1"strut spacers? I would probably get manual hubs with them but i figuer offroad is where they would bust anyways but at least i could unlock them if they did go.

Man, It really makes you feel good to make it over a hill that has made you frown for 10 minutes. Just glad there wasnt any heep guys to laugh at my attempts!