No Cruise Control

wspinks

I put on a K&N CAI last week, and everything seemed to be great until this weekend.  I was driving back from the mountians when I realized my cruise wouldn't set.  The cruise light comes on, but the set light wont, and it doesn't work.  I checked to make sure that I had everything hooked up correctly, and I do, but it still doesn't work.  Any thoughts?

I have checked all the connections, I even went back and walked through the installation step by step.  There are only three lines to check, and all of them are tight.  I checked all vacuum hoses for connection and cracks, I am at a loss.

The cruise control is regulated by that small vac line that runs to the air-box. If that is leaking, or not connected properly, then it wont work.

Check to make sure there aren't any leaks in the lines themselves.

Otherwise, does the truck exhibit any of the common symptoms of a vac. leak?

No, everything except for the cruise seems to be fine.  The spacer I left out was the one between the valve cover and the new saddle bracket.  Thanks for all the input, but I don't know what else to try.  I may have to bring it to a shop.

There may be no connection to the KN filter - it could be coincidence. My cruise has been dead for years. Dealer tried three diagnoses after local mechanics couldn't figure it out, I replaced several parts the dealer identified as bad (I bought them at salvage) but it remains dead... current best-guess is a bad wire in the steering column harness, which is too much effort. I can live w/o cruise.

m.

did you check the fuses brake fuse ect -study- if all elese fails put it back the way it was see if it works :shrug: if it does take it one step at a time fitting the filter to try and see where you went wrong :X hope this helps :hide:

• 11 years later...