About to buy an 01 SE Pathy 3.5L

OE812

I am considering buying an 01 Pathfinder SE with the 3.5L engine with 75K miles on engine. I had the vehicle checked and everything is ok except for lifter noises. After reaching operating temperature, I notice the noise at idle. Increasing the throttle at idle does not make the noise go away.

I need to know if this is "normal" for the 3.5L and if not, what adverse condition could happen? I am meeting with the dealer rep tomorrow for yes or no on the pathfinder. :help:

Thanks,

Jeff

99.5 Pathfinder SE

99 Pathfinder XE

I hope this insnt considered postjacking. But my 3.3 seems to be noisy in the valve train too. All the 3.3s i have heard sound like this so i though it was ok but I dont think I have ever heard one with less than 50k on it so do ours require adjusting At regular intervels too? If so i woud probably get it done when i get my timing belt done. But shiesh...... I bet it is expensivefull (lol) to get the side that the intake manifold hides!

Maybe this is a dumb suggestion, but shouldn't you start w/ an oil change?

Try using a 10W-30 or something? I dunno...I seemed to notice the same sounds your describing in my '02 when I used 5W-30, so I changed to 10W and haven't had an issue since.