i need a hug

dieselmunk

woman driving a fullsize chevy express van... she pulled out from a gas station went into the left lane, then the right lane and then proceeds to make a u-turn from the right lane, but stops because of oncoming traffic. hit her going about 15 mph. she said she started the u-turn from the left lane, but i hit her with the right side of the bumper into her left quarter panel. she told my insurance agent that i hit her on the passenger side, so we'll see what happens.

post-7-1157330198.jpg

Edited by dieselmunk

If she says you hit her passenger side, that's almost impossible cuz your damage is on your front passenger bumper.... unless she was going the WRONG WAY on the side of the road or making a right turn from the left lane. So let her claim that. hehe Was the U-turn legal -eg: no double yellow lines? Just make sure she doesn't claim she was going straight, and you were changing lanes from right to left.

Sucks that it happened to your ARB.

if it was solid and didn't have the cutouts for fog lights, im sure it wouldn't have been so bad. hit the left corner of her bumper so no real damage to her, and a scuff mark from the rubber pad on my bumper on her quarter panel. i'll see if i can get ahold of the officer tomorrow. it's a four lane road with a median. 2 cars to the right of me, neither stopped, jerks. i'm also going to check with the gas station to see if the have security cameras.

i'm getting tired of hauling gas in florida, looking to be a police officer in pg county, maryland. all my friends up there are signing up, so i figured i might as well too. wish me luck.

my other ride, just so you don't think that i can't drive...

post-7-1157338649.jpg

Edited by dieselmunk

Just think of how bad it would have been if you didn't have the ARB!

Yea! you should see my pathy when someone purposly made me rear end them. they tried to turn in all this preexisting damage too. I only hit them about 15 but needed 1 new headlight, 1 new turnsignal, 1 new bumper, 1 new hood, 1 new grill, and 1 new foglight. All i did was tear their spare tire holder. underneith it there bumper was messed up but had red paint on it and my turck is black and there was no way my truck could have got it right there. it was awarded my fault though but they only got a new spare tire carrier and cover

oh i agree, if i didn't have the arb, i don't think the plastic would have stopped me. i'm just pissed because she pulled an illegal u-turn, of course she didn't look, but because i ran into the back of her, it's my fault. you know, the whole he said-she said bs.

last night i told the insurance agent that there is no way possible, unless i drove up onto the concrete median, that my damage was on the right side unless she started from the right lane. if she started the u-turn from the left lane and then stopped, i would have hit her with the left side of the bumper. plus the fact that the cop didn't give me a ticket.

she even told the cop that there was no one in the van with her, and then as he's filing the report, she started yelling at her kid in the back.

Man you must be pissed!!! :angry:

From what I have seen on ARB bars there is a weld that should be behind the rubber on the front.

That weld usually cracks with an impact to the side. I have seen quite a few ARB bars around here that have done it. (Living near ARB headquaters and my fiance's cousin is a design engineer there)(Sorry guys you could still probably get better prices than what i can get).

I hope you beat the lying so & so over this. Good luck

well, my insurance company is contesting it, waiting on the police report.

ordered a new bumper and foglights(they're freaking expenssive!). my insurance adjuster said that they'll pay $1200 for a factory bumper and foglight and an additional $1000 for after market parts, minus my deductible, plus the fender which he said could be pulled back into place.

i'm just worried about my rates going up- no accidents since 2001 and no tickets since 2003.

i'm still waiting for my WOW stickers, that would cheer me up a bit. haha. XM 202!