New Suspension Issues

diamondman

I was wondering if anyone has experenced this problem or has any insite on the issue?

I got the A/C lift for my 04 pathy professionally installed (GR2 & Rancho 9000). I then had 245/75/16 BFG AT's installed w/a ft end allignment. They couldn't fit 265/75/16's beacuse they hit the strut. With the smaller tire I have absoulutly no rub and they fit quite nice.

Their are two issues I'm concerned about.

1) Whenever I reach speeds around 80 I get an incabin vibration, a deep slow vibration. I went back to the tire shop and had them look everything over. They greased the ft axel and tightened all the lugs. It seemed to go away but once and a while it comes back.

2) Now my big worry is my brakes. Whenever I am driving on a curved entrance/exit ramp on the highway and I step on the brake, doing over 35mph, they seem to almost shutter and not work. As soon as I straighten the wheel their is no problem. Does anyone have any idea what this could be???

Hi.

im not sure about your first problem but your seond problem could be an ABS sensor.

If the wires were strectched with the lift there may be a lose wire. the other thing it may be is that with the added body roll if turning reasonably hard a wheel may be losing contact with the ground ever so slightly and the ABS is trying to compensate.

I bought Ultra wheels, 16x8 Magnums. mws suggested these as a perfect fit. I thought they had the correct backspacing for larger tires but turns out they didn't. Ohh well. They still look really good, just not as large.

I talked to the garage that put in my suspension today. They think I need to get my ABS recalculated. I'm getting it done tomorrow. Hopefully it's that easy.

Nissan tried to recalculate the ABS but said it wouldn't hold. They checked the brakes and anti-slip and said everything was working fine. Basically tey said I'd have to live with it.

I've been driving it for a few days now and the braking problem is gone. It's a miricle. Only cost me $90...

One more question. Since I bought rims with the wrong backspacing, is their anything I can do to correct that besides buying new rims?